Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What do you look for when buying a new toy?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (221-230):
jessicasmom1
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I like Vtech toys they always held up great for the toddler age 

RobynS
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Aw, they are adorable!! I'm glad you had a good experience with kitty. :)

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

First of all I'd like to say a big Thank you to Vtech and Cafemom for allowing my kids to try out such a cool new toy! We received the Catch Me Kitty! I was so happy to see the toy was not only educational but also allowed the children to interact and get up and get moving! My 2 and 3 year  year old were immediately excited,between the bright colors,fun music and fun interactive motions it was an instant hit! The kitty is darling and teaches ABC and Nursery rhymes as well as being motorized so the child can chase the kitty around! I was so happy to see it had a motion sensor and it actually maneuvered around objects in it's path and to my surprise they could use it not only on our hardwood and tile floors but on the carpet as well! I actually had to go out and get more batteries today because they used it all day yesterday! 

RobynS
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Neat! Fun to see it (and your LO) in motion. I love his giggle!! :)

Quoting kellynh:

Catch Me Kitty!!!

I got this as part of the CM Influencer Program. Otherwise, he wouldn't have gotten a new toy so close to birthday or Christmas!! Lol!!

It's called Catch-Me-Kitty by Vtech!!! It's awesome!! He chases it all over, and I left an array of toys (actually dumped his toy boy) to see if he'd continue to play with it. He does. It has a sensor to go in the other direction when something is in its way. Either Wy, another toy, or couch, table, ect.

What impressed me... It has no prob going on carpet. Not a single hesitation, unlike others that need a carpet with no shag to it, or hardwood, or tiled floor. The only thing the sensor didn't recognize was the glass doors that go to the deck. It laughs and says, "catch me" and rolls away. If he catches it, it says, " you caught me". It also has a number learning aspect that you can change it to.

It's for 12-36mths. I am a pretty honest influencer. I don't always write good things, and I rarely post about them in my other groups. This one I posted in two of my baby groups about. I have to say, I would totally buy this and since so many members are looking for ideas for birthday and Christmas... I thought I'd give it a shout out!!! Def. LOVE!!!

Wyatt is 10 months old. I am the Mom of 4 and stepmom of 3. I also have a grandaughter, who is 19mths old. I am getting her one of these for Christmas.

RobynS
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Influencer programs rock! :)

Quoting momto1ryen:

Can't wait to see what we get! Super excited!!!

RobynS
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Wow! That thing is huge!! Awesome!!

Quoting sunshinepraying:

Hello! I am a mother of a 17 month old daughter and an almost 5 yr old son. We received our VTech Toy today and were so excited when we saw it! We received the VTech Alphabet Activity Center. As soon as I took it out of the box, my daughter immediately come over and started playing with it. She was so excited and all smiles. My daughter especially enjoyed the different buttons for the piano and buttons for the phone. She is very big with pretending to talk on the phone, so she was very drawn to that and started pretending to talk on it and getting Mommy to talk on the phone. My son also ran right to it when he got home from school and started playing alongside of my daughter. I think it's great toy. I also like the storage place for the blocks. The only thing I would change is the maze part. The idea of it is nice, but the blocks don't fall down through it easily. But overall, it's great and I would recommend it to other moms with little ones. ;)

gacgbaker
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quoting splatz:

I hate to admit it, but when the UPS man dropped off the VTech Alphabet Activity Cube a little over 2 hours ago I was skeptical. I was looking at the Alphabet Activity Cube thinking what a cool toy it was, but there was no way this was going to hold my 24 month olds attention for more than 5 minutes. I couldn't have been more wrong in that assumption! 

To me it seemed that it was geared more towards a much younger age group. I can see how the cube would be great for babies who are just learning to stand. Its so sturdy that a baby could easily pull up on it without fear of the toy toppling over. The activity side has little toys to slide around & a mirror to look into.

My toddler has now been playing with the VTech Aphabet Activity Cube for over TWO HOURS. Yes ladies, you read that right T-W-O. I can not think of one single toy that has ever held her interest for over 30 minutes. She just keeps rotating around to different sides & playing with each section. Dropping the blocks into the blue side with the different holes (The best part is it has a spot where the blocks can be stored in the bottom of that area! Don't have to worry about any blocks being lost that way.).  Spinning the gears on the activity side and saying "cheese" into the mirror. Dropping the blocks down into the peg maze & giggling at all the different directions they go. Putting each block into the side that has the keyboard. She loves to hear what letter each block says. What is even better is that she has been sitting there repeating what each letter is. 

Peg maze side & activity side. The peg maze reminds me of the game Plinko from The Price is Right. ;)

Love the storage in the bottom!

When you push the buttons they light up & play music. 

I love the stacking section on the top. Thanks so much to VTech and CafeMom for choosing us to be an influencer! I think this new toy will be getting TONS of use!

This looks like something that could be great for my younger kiddos- thanks for posting the pics!

sukainah
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Looks like it's a lot of fun!

Quoting 2lilmamas:

We want say Thanks to VTech toys and Cafemom for this awesome opportunity. I was astonished when I received the package yesterday. My 19 month year looked excited as I took out the VTech Activity cube. She couldn't resist and started touching the cube right away.

The Lights, music, the letters and buttons kept my daughter coming for more. She was so intrigued. My six year couldn't even help herself and started inserting the blocks in the cube. It was great to hear the Letters. I have to say that this has to be my littles favorite new toy. Not only has she been playing with it. But she also saying Hello a lot more because the little phone that is on the cube.

I would definately buy this but I also would recommend it. Its a great toy and its also very educational. You hear letters, number and nursery song all in one. What a great Toy with awesome concept.

Bmat
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I find out what the grandchildren want and then search prices and quality.

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

That is an awesome-looking toy!  I have always loved VTech toys so much!

Quoting 2lilmamas:

We want say Thanks to VTech toys and Cafemom for this awesome opportunity. I was astonished when I received the package yesterday. My 19 month year looked excited as I took out the VTech Activity cube. She couldn't resist and started touching the cube right away.

The Lights, music, the letters and buttons kept my daughter coming for more. She was so intrigued. My six year couldn't even help herself and started inserting the blocks in the cube. It was great to hear the Letters. I have to say that this has to be my littles favorite new toy. Not only has she been playing with it. But she also saying Hello a lot more because the little phone that is on the cube.

I would definately buy this but I also would recommend it. Its a great toy and its also very educational. You hear letters, number and nursery song all in one. What a great Toy with awesome concept.

jugglingJoin me in The Lounge for more conversation!
               Or come chat on The Park Bench!

alliesmom112
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I always look for toys that will grow with dd. Something we are not going to spend a lot of money that she is going to use for a month  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)