Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What do you look for when buying a new toy?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (51-60):
calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM

i look for a good qualitiy and bright colors usually with animals

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
niki1125
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks so much VTECH and Cafemom for choosing Chase for the Influence Program!! We got the Pour and Float Froggy! You use it in the bath tub. My son is 6 1/2 months old and Loved it from the first time we opened the box! He loves everything and anything that plays music.

Chase is just starting to sit by himself in the tub, so this toy was great for him. It squirts, splashes and sings. It is just the cutest thing!  I loved this toy and so did my son! I would highly recommend this toy to everyone! Not only can you play in the tub with it but you can outside of the tub too! We are so happy to have been chosen for this amazing program! Thanks so much Cafemom and VTECH!

WE LOVE CAFEMOM!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM

First, thank you so much!! What a fun gift:-) We got our vtech alphabet cube yesterday afternoon. I was so excited I took it out right away!

Both my younger kids (4 and Ethan 22 months) were eye balling it hard as I took all the plastic off. My daughter was pointing to the animals and naming them while my son managed to grab the phone off the side and play with the buttons. I turned it on and was surprised to find it already had the batteries which was super nice!

I then set it up in the living room for my boy to play with and he loved it.. Last night he played a good 30 mins while I made dinner, pressing all the buttons, stacking the blocks. laughing at the music and fighting his sister off who also wanted a try at it!

This morning that was the first thing he ran too, again with the phone and "playing" the piano. He really seems to love it and again played for about 30 mins. Honestly that is the first thing he has been amused by for more than 5 mins ever I think!!!

I will put it up this afternoon and take it out again when dinner comes around so I can cook!!:-)) Thank you so much again for this wonderful toy! If it can keep my young active toddler occupied then its a WINNER for all!!

Sorry the pictures stink, of course this morning my SD card acts up so they are phone!

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:29 PM

We recieved the Vtech Happy Lights Bear. The bear was rated for ages 3months to 24months. My thoughts after presenting it to my son and him getting a chance to play with it. Ds is 29months so to begin with he is a bit older than the rated age so that needs to be kept in mind for this review. The bear itself is soft and cute. I did look on Vtechs website as well to see the price of this bear and it retails for $8.99. I believe that is a perfect price because my original thought was it was $9.99. Ds wanted to see it when I unpacked it, however only after a few minutes he lost interest and though I presented it a few other times he didn't care much for it. The toy in general was a bit young for him. "I" liked the lights and songs of the toy and I foun it to be super cute. I like the velcro to clip to a highchair or crib for a younger child. I would probably say I would view it more as a 4-18month age group. I did get a few pics of ds playing with it, but like I said it was hard to keep his interest. A good toy yes, just wrong age group for him. Very much would buy it though for a younger child.

kfroz0415
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I really want to thank Cafemom for the Catch Me Kitty. Only downside is my son already has one. lol He adores the toy though and I love it too. It's so cute and it's awesome for me to get "running" around while I cook lunch or supper because Karston just keeps chasing the kitty instead of pulling on my pant leg. lol We haven't decided what to do with kitty #2 yet. My mom asked if she could have him for her house for Karston to play with when we visit. I think it might just be what we do. 

I think my favorite part about the kitty is that it never runs into anything. With dh, myself, oldest ds, Karston, 3 cats, and 2 dogs there are a lot of feet to crash into. lol I will get on later and post some pictures of him with kitty #1. He has been nonstop trying to get kitty #2 out of the box btw, so it must be an awesome toy in his opinion too.

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Thank you Cafemom Influencer program and V-Tech for sending us the Catch Me Kitty! We are so excited for this toy. We love V-Tech toys. We are glad this is educational, encourages exercise, and bright and fun. My son loves chasing our cats, so this toy encourages him to chase it instead :) The sing-a-long will help him to start saying new words. Also, Eli is just starting to walk and is still wobbly. Catch Me Kitty is perfect for refining this new skill!
Edit: I think my four year old likes it as much as my 9 month old. They have been playing with it steadily this morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilm21181
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Thank you Cafemom and VTech!!! My 11 month old baby girl loves our Happy Lights Bear. She has been playing and dancing with it all day. I love the softness of the bear, and the bright colors on the bears tummy. The volume is just right. Love the mix of sounds, and songs. WE LOVE IT!!!!!'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quoting jbyrd898:

My son who turned two August received the Pour and Float Froggy too!  As soon as my husband was opening the package he was interested in the lights and noise it made. My hubby handed it to him and he started pressing the button to make noise. Lucky for us, it was almost bathtime, so when we told him he could take it in the bath, he got really excited. In the tub, it was a lot of fun, squirts water and makes noise. It kept his attention the whole time. Really great toy, so thank you cafe mom and vtech toys for an awesome influencer. I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have about it too!

To add to this. My hubby gives our son his nightly bath. He says Joey has absolutely loved this thing so much,  he throws it, laughs with it, and squirts the water. He has actually starting enjoying it even more then the first day he got it. Definate A+ on this V-tech toy.

baby
sunnyflower417
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Baylee is 23 months and she loved her froggy! She insists on taking him out of the bath tub so she can play with him! I love it too! 

WendyJR
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM

This is Sophie. She is 21 months. She is the busiest chattiest little girl. She loves her doll babies, her brothers cars/trains, anything that plays music. She's very outgoing and is very sassy.
She recieved her pour and float froggy today. Unfortunately it came after bath time but she still got to play with it before bed.
She was really excited about it and quickly figured out how to make it work. She loved the music and proceeded to dance.
I will update later after she's had time to test it in the bath tub

(Thank you cafe mom and vtech for such a cool opportunity)

After a few days with the frog it is a hit! Even my 4 year old lives it. My 1 1/2 year old lives the stacking cups and thinks the frog is fun. They both start dancing when the music comes on and really enjoy the frog spraying water. I would recommend this toy and buy it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)