Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What do you look for when buying a new toy?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (61-70):
army_wifey_06
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Thank you so much cafemom for choosing us to be a part of the influencer program! Last night we got the Vtech Alphabet Activity cube and it is amazing! We have two boys..our oldest turned 3 in July and our youngest is almost 6 months old. As soon as we took it out of the box our 3 year old got so excited! We put the baby in his Bumbo in front of it and he was mesmerized by all the colors, lights and music. The toy is amazing and kept both boys occupied all night lol. I love how its a learning toy and each side of the cube has different activities. My favorite feature is probably the alphabet blocks that you can click in and it tells you the letter. Our 6 month old loves holding onto the blocks and the phone! Our 3 year olds favorite part is also the phone and all the alphabet blocks. This toy is probably the best learning toy we have and I will be recommending it to all my friends with young kids! I'm mobile but I will be adding a few pictures in replies :) thanks again Cafemom!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
munchkin79
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I have a very active 23month old son who is all boy! He will be 2 on Oct 28th. He normally plays with anytype of car or truck he can get his hands on. He got the Catch Me Kitty to play with. At first he wasn't very interested in the toy but he also wasn't feeling well. My 5yr old on the other hand loved it! I couldn't get her to leave it alone. I have to say the sensor on this toy works very well. It moves best on our kitchen floor but also does well on the carpet. We also have a very thick area rug and the cat still moves fine even on that rug. After having the toy for a day or two my almost 2yr old son started to play with it. He turns it off and on by himself. He likes the music and lights the most. He will chase it if I encourage him to otherwise he likes to watch it roll around the room. I think if this was in the shape of a car or truck he would have liked it more. Maybe Vtech could make a version of this toy in a car or truck rather than just a cat. I will try to post some pics soon.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM

what a cool influencer! 

Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM

A huge thanks to V-tech and CafeMom for choosing us to be part of such a great program. 

My daughter Keira, got the "Catch me Kitty". Keira is 2.5 years old, however she has "classic autism" so her age is more of that of a 1 year old. To be honest, I wasn't sure how she would react But, she LOVED the Kitty, she played with it right away and kept pressing the buttons to hear it sing, and figured out where the sensors were to make it move and interact with her.  I was impressed with the fact that she played with it the way it was designed to. I will also be looking to purchase some V-TECH toys for her for Christmas. Even her 7 year old sister was impressed. 

Again, many thanks to CafeMom and Vtech! We are still enjoying the kitty, and will for quite some time!! It has not left our site since we received it!!!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I received and replied to the message but got nothing. I'm bumming :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissKrystal
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

A super BIG THANK YOU to CafeMom and Vtech toys for this opportunity! I have a two year old son who is a very shy, quiet kind of kid. He loves animals and running around. Your typical two year old boy! We got the Catch-Me-Kitty. Immediately when I took it out of the box and turned it on my two year old stopped playing on my Ipad and came to see what it was. It was so fun to watch his face as the kitty 'walked' away from him. He would chase after it and get so excited when he caught it and heard "You caught me!" We experimented with the different buttons and the two different settings. He loved chasing it around and watching it almost bump into things, and I loved watching it! This is definitely a toy I would buy and recommend to others. My two year old is very excited to play with this and that makes me very happy. Thanks again!!

BabyLucasMom
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Update2 - I showed it to my kids. "Chase me Kitty"

1-They were very excited, I even had to break up a fight. They both wanted to chance the kitty and got all tangled up pulling at it before it could run away. My DD is 2 years and 4 months, my son is 5 years old (and was interested too)

2- It is very easy for them to catch it. They don't let it run much.

3- My 2 y/o loves kitties so she was very loving and played with it for a long while after. She would put it on the couch and stop it from falling and talk to it.

4- Me: After a while it became annoying, not the movement, but the cat's non stop talking/singing.

5- Honestly, it is not a toy I would have bought. I rather buy toys they can play with and create their own story. Not a fun of electronic toys. But they had fun and, specially my DD, seems to love it.

Once again, thank you so much for this opportunity!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)