Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what to feed a 3month old.....

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 146 Replies
I have recently decided to go green-so to speak-and decided to start making my daughters baby food....what are some good food combinations?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't start solids until at least 8 months so I'm not sure what is safe that young. I don't think they generally recommend you start until 4-6 months at the earliest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Solids in general are a no-no until at least 6 months

aniters
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM
3 months is too young to start baby on solids :o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmother3905
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Well for starters, she's a large baby and is never fully satisfied after eating. Her pediatrician even put her on special formula to fill her quicker. Her pediatrician said she could have solids. Just as long as I'm sure to get the appropriate consistency and texture.
Gailll
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended until 6 months. Babies can then sit up and feed themselves fork mashed yams, bananas, or avocados. There is no need to "make" baby food. Even if a baby is fed formula it is recommended to wait until around 6 months.

Gailll
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM
8 moms liked this

Time for a new doctor! This doctor is not following nutrition guidelines. If she is large you have been feeding her too much. She should get about 32 oz of formula a day. If she wants to suck more she can use a pacifier. Babies aren't developmentally ready for solids at 3 months no matter how big they are. Their gut isn't mature enough.

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Formula or breastmilk :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmother3905
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Well she's very advanced. Already cutting 3 teeth and crawling for a few minutes at a time. I've enever seen anything like it. I have 3 children. All under that age of 5.
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM
You can try pears (my daughter LOVES them). You could give her oatmeal cereal also. And just whatever you think she can handle! All babies are different and i had to start mine on solids early because of her staying hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
A 3 month old shouldn't be eating food. It can damage her stomach and intestines. Wait until 6 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)