Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what to feed a 3month old.....

I have recently decided to go green-so to speak-and decided to start making my daughters baby food....what are some good food combinations?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (111-120):
dark_xiii_angel
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Same here. My dr said 6 months. I waited until 7-8 months. He really did start enjoying or wanting solids until a year!

Quoting abra:

I don't start solids until at least 8 months so I'm not sure what is safe that young. I don't think they generally recommend you start until 4-6 months at the earliest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starry_dreamer
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM
I waited until 6-7 months and he got what we ate within reason. We never really did "baby food"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
March12momma
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM
A 3 month old should never have solids, maybe a lick here or there. Solids always have LESS calories than bm or formula...also if she cant sit she cant eat solids without choking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM
My oldest did yes. And since my youngest is 3 months and a week she has time. I'm not going to force solids on her if i don't think she's ready.

Quoting louzannalady:

Okay. I repeat. You are saying your four month old sits up on her own, without propping, has a pincer grasp and has lost the tongue-thrust reflex? 

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/solids-when/

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/delay-solids/

Quoting mcr17:

My daughter is 3 1/2 YEARS, not months.her sister is 3 months and is formula fed only. At 4 months i will try solids for her.

Quoting louzannalady:

So, you are saying your 3 1/2 month old sits up on his/her own without propping, has a pincer grasp and has lost the tongue-thrust reflex? That all happens at the time that the baby no longer has an open gut. An open gut means that all bacteria goes directly from the stomach to the blood stream, which can be very dangerous for baby. 

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/solids-when/

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/delay-solids/

Quoting mcr17:

my daughters pediatrician said 4-6 months. 

every baby IS different. my oldest started solids at 4 months. at age 3 1/2 she is not obese. im gonna try with my youngest at 4 months as well. if she isnt ready till 6 months or older thats fine.

parents know when their kids are ready.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

No a baby's digestive system is not ready until 6+ months period!

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Every baby is different why can't you women understand that????

Quoting NicLof2:

This!

Babies tummy is not ready for solids.

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

Solids in general are a no-no until at least 6 months

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM

peas and carrots pureed sweet potatoes

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM
You might not want to think about combinations right away. Simple food. One ingredient per food for a while. Because there are allergies to look out for and your child's tastes to worry about as well. Cereal at first. Then veggies, then try fruit. But I didn't do combinations until after I knew that my son liked the foods that were being combined. And 3 months is a tad early. I would say 4 or 5 months at the earliest. But check with a nutritionist or doctor about that to be on the safe side.
CatherineNewton
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Formula or breast milk to young for anything else. 

tkasemir
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM
This!

Quoting lizmartinez:

A 3 month old shouldn't be eating food. It can damage her stomach and intestines. Wait until 6 months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laulaulu321
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Breast milk or formula
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabtreemommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Ok... so here is a question for you moms. This profile joined CM the same day this post was made. Does anyone else think this might be a troll post?

They joined at 8:40pm.... this was made at 8:45pm. Im 95 percent sure this was just someone trolling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN