Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to feed a 3month old.....

I have recently decided to go green-so to speak-and decided to start making my daughters baby food....what are some good food combinations?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (121-130):
angevil53
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Many babies that age can handle food. Do your own unbiased research. If you want to feed her i suggest potatoes and bananas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM

If it makes you feel better my nephew was started even earlier than 3 months b/c he would suck his bottle down so fast his pedi said to start him on cereal.

MumSia
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Only milk. No solids please :).
ChasityL
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM
We started rice cereal at 3 months and jar baby food at 4 months. I started with sweet potatoes then pears. I say trust yourself. Remember momma knows best! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cortneymae12
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Go to the babyfood isles and see what they have
Mrs.Sells
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

You couldn't be more wrong. The way a child physically develops follows a trend. It's the reason car seat recommendations and laws go by AGE not just weight. 

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Every baby is different why can't you women understand that????

Quoting NicLof2:

This!

Babies tummy is not ready for solids.

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

Solids in general are a no-no until at least 6 months

Mrs.Sells
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I bet your mother and grandmother weren't in car seats, but they are alive. I guess you should stop putting your children in them too. 

Quoting Vero2410:

Also to the ladies against her feeding her child solids, ask your mothers when they started solids on you or even your grandmothers when they started solids on your parents.

Some babies are ready for solids before others. My dd1 started at 3 months and dd2 started at 5 months. You just know when YOUR kids are ready.

Mrs.Sells
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Well then you both take your children to crappy doctors who don't follow the AAP and WHO guidelines, you know the organizations that set health standards that all doctors are suppose to follow. 

Quoting schatzi869:

These are the instructions given to me by my pediatrician four years ago, and it's the same thing my sister was told by her pediatrician 6 months ago. Don't like it? Good for you. I guess since we aren't talking about your child, your opinion doesn't really matter, now does it? Nah.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I can't believe people still believe this.

Times change, kid.

And on this site of all places lol! I thought current recs were known.

Quoting schatzi869:

For a 3 month old I would add a little rice cereal to the bottle. That should help fill her up and keep her belly full for a little longer.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Yes every child is different: personality, size shape, etc- but the fact of the matter is biology is pretty damn consistent for every human. If some babies insides developed sooooo much faster, that same logic would say those same babies could have been born 3-4 months earlier than recommended and been perfectly fine with zero medical intervention, which we all know is absolutely untrue.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Every baby is different why can't you women understand that????

Quoting NicLof2:

This!

Babies tummy is not ready for solids.

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

Solids in general are a no-no until at least 6 months

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM
At 3 months...baby should only be eating formula or breaat milk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)