Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what to feed a 3month old.....

I have recently decided to go green-so to speak-and decided to start making my daughters baby food....what are some good food combinations?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (131-140):
LuLu_MomOf5
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i have a 4 month old. her doctor said i could start her on Rice cereal. but I didnt have to feed her until 6months old. The formula has every thing she needs until then.

nicole2884
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

at 3mths old the only thing i be giving her is bm

i wouldnt suggest solids until at the very least 4mth 

Mrs.Sells
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Find me one study that goes against the recommendations of the AAP and WHO

Quoting mcr17:

for every study that says one thing, theres another study that says another.

sorry but i trust my kids pediatricians. i will still make my own decisions for my kids though.

Quoting emkirkley:

gladly, but why not present relavent information to anyone who's reading and may be trying to decide what to do.  The AAP does research this for a reason, it causes life-long medical issues.

Quoting mcr17:

lets just let parents make their own decisions for their children then eh?

Quoting emkirkley:

Actually, that just means that your pediatrician (and anyone eles' pediatrician that is recommending this) is out of touch with the AAP and the research they've done on this in the last decade.  There is a REASON that it's not suggested 1) increased risk of childhood and adult obesity 2) increased risk of food and respiratory allergies 3) increased risk of type II diabetes 4) increased risk of choking and aspiration.

Quoting schatzi869:

These are the instructions given to me by my pediatrician four years ago, and it's the same thing my sister was told by her pediatrician 6 months ago. Don't like it? Good for you. I guess since we aren't talking about your child, your opinion doesn't really matter, now does it? Nah.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I can't believe people still believe this.

Times change, kid.

And on this site of all places lol! I thought current recs were known.

Quoting schatzi869:

For a 3 month old I would add a little rice cereal to the bottle. That should help fill her up and keep her belly full for a little longer.

SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM
SMFH. Some people...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittlePiggies5
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:06 PM

It is a bit young to start foods...............but my grandma would give my dd mashed potatoes made with fomula,  she would start it out pretty watery...meaning 1tsp in 2 oz of fomula and feed that to her with a syringe only once or twice a day. It filled her up, this was 8 yrs ago.........

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Um nothing lol.
Breastmilk or formula. That's it. Baby's insides are not ready. When a baby is ready for solids, they :
Are atleast 6 months old. Can sit unsupported. Has lost their tongue-thrust reflex. And can pick up food using the pincer grasp and feed themselves.
No 3 month old can do any of that. Sorry mama. I fed my dd solids early and it is my biggest regret, it really is worth it to wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schatzi869
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Actually, Ms. Priss, our pediatrician happens to be one of the top peds doctors in the hospital in our area. He's been a doctor for many years, and I will gladly take his advice before that of a bunch of prissy know-it-alls.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Quoting Mrs.Sells:

Well then you both take your children to crappy doctors who don't follow the AAP and WHO guidelines, you know the organizations that set health standards that all doctors are suppose to follow. 

Quoting schatzi869:

These are the instructions given to me by my pediatrician four years ago, and it's the same thing my sister was told by her pediatrician 6 months ago. Don't like it? Good for you. I guess since we aren't talking about your child, your opinion doesn't really matter, now does it? Nah.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Times change, kid.

Quoting schatzi869:

For a 3 month old I would add a little rice cereal to the bottle. That should help fill her up and keep her belly full for a little longer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HarrisonMD
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting Gailll:

Time for a new doctor! This doctor is not following nutrition guidelines. If she is large you have been feeding her too much. She should get about 32 oz of formula a day. If she wants to suck more she can use a pacifier. Babies aren't developmentally ready for solids at 3 months no matter how big they are. Their gut isn't mature enough.

I totally agree with you and it's also their swallowing that is not ready for solids at that age either!

mcr17
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Now why would i waste my time trying to prove something to a faceless stranger? Oh that's right,i don't care enough about you to.

Quoting Mrs.Sells:

Find me one study that goes against the recommendations of the AAP and WHO

Quoting mcr17:

for every study that says one thing, theres another study that says another.

sorry but i trust my kids pediatricians. i will still make my own decisions for my kids though.

Quoting emkirkley:

gladly, but why not present relavent information to anyone who's reading and may be trying to decide what to do.  The AAP does research this for a reason, it causes life-long medical issues.

Quoting mcr17:

lets just let parents make their own decisions for their children then eh?

Quoting emkirkley:

Actually, that just means that your pediatrician (and anyone eles' pediatrician that is recommending this) is out of touch with the AAP and the research they've done on this in the last decade.  There is a REASON that it's not suggested 1) increased risk of childhood and adult obesity 2) increased risk of food and respiratory allergies 3) increased risk of type II diabetes 4) increased risk of choking and aspiration.

Quoting schatzi869:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Times change, kid.

Quoting schatzi869:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting abra:

I don't start solids until at least 8 months so I'm not sure what is safe that young. I don't think they generally recommend you start until 4-6 months at the earliest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)