Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what to feed a 3month old.....

I have recently decided to go green-so to speak-and decided to start making my daughters baby food....what are some good food combinations?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Well... The best food for a 3 month old is none. Milk is all they need! Sounds like that ped needs to get a refresher course on infant nutrition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I was "just fine" with early solids as well..til early adulthood and my autoimmune diagnoses started. What's my only risk factor? That I was fed solids very early. It completely sucks that's have to live with this stuff forever just because my parents found an infant acting like an infant to be an issue :-(
That's the problem with "fine", most of the issues don't show up until years later.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

I breast fed and started my son on solids at three months he wanted to eat booby milk every hour! I started oatmeal first along with peas my son is just fine and he is 16 months now. Try peas! My son still loves them! My dr told me the same thing if you need any more advice pm me I made my sons baby food too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Have you tried cereal? I woud probaby start with something bland. I am no doctor though and my babies were all little :/

LyTe684
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I started with sweet potatoes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
4 moms liked this

It's very normal for a breastfed baby to want to eat every hour, it dosn't mean they need solids.  It just means that your breastmilk is so perfect that it digests easily and quickly and that you should nurse often.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

I breast fed and started my son on solids at three months he wanted to eat booby milk every hour! I started oatmeal first along with peas my son is just fine and he is 16 months now. Try peas! My son still loves them! My dr told me the same thing if you need any more advice pm me I made my sons baby food too

CafeMom Tickers
sidneyb
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
I started mine on bananas and cereal at 3 months. Doc and nutritionist said i could. She was eating almost 60 oz a day of formula that had rice cereal that was made in it. Oh yeah and carrots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elaina_Rose
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM
The dr told me it was fine and my Brest feeding consoler said the same. She said that I must not be making the nutrition that he needed he was very small and not gaining weight very well.

Quoting cabrandy03:

It's very normal for a breastfed baby to want to eat every hour, it dosn't mean they need solids.  It just means that your breastmilk is so perfect that it digests easily and quickly and that you should nurse often.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Wholesomebabyfood.com is a great resource for making food, but i dont think babies can process foods at three mos old. Only formula or breast milk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I have 3 children 5 and under. Things have changed since my first two and they now say wait until 6 months to start solids. They also say to leave them rear facing until 2. My dd is a larger baby. She was 9lbs 8.8 ozs at birth. She was 17lbs 7 ozs at 4 months and 19lbs 9 ozs at 6 months. She was fed breastmilk until 6 months and then only got them like 1-2 twice a week. She will be 12 months next and eats 2-3 times a day. but mostly still gets breast milk.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry that's ridiculous! My son has been in the 95-98% since birth and is my biggest baby of all three.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends NO solids until 6 months. Before 6 months a baby can't properly digest anything but breastmilk and barely digests formula. A baby size also doesn't matter when physical development of the digestive system is immature. You're potentially putting baby at risk for serious digestive upset(gas, diarrhea, constipation) and food allergies.

I bet babies growth was just fine(maybe slow but within normal range.) Sad...

Quoting proudmother3905:

Well for starters, she's a large baby and is never fully satisfied after eating. Her pediatrician even put her on special formula to fill her quicker. Her pediatrician said she could have solids. Just as long as I'm sure to get the appropriate consistency and texture.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)