Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what to feed a 3month old.....

I have recently decided to go green-so to speak-and decided to start making my daughters baby food....what are some good food combinations?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Pediatricians/doctora know NOTHING about breastfeeding! Did you know they get about 1 HOUR of education on breastfeeding in med school?

Breastfeeding counselor or actual lactation consultant? Through WIC? Through the hospital?

No IBCLC(International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) would ever recommend that.

I bet he was fine. Some babies grow slow...

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

The dr told me it was fine and my Brest feeding consoler said the same. She said that I must not be making the nutrition that he needed he was very small and not gaining weight very well.

Quoting cabrandy03:

It's very normal for a breastfed baby to want to eat every hour, it dosn't mean they need solids.  It just means that your breastmilk is so perfect that it digests easily and quickly and that you should nurse often.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

I breast fed and started my son on solids at three months he wanted to eat booby milk every hour! I started oatmeal first along with peas my son is just fine and he is 16 months now. Try peas! My son still loves them! My dr told me the same thing if you need any more advice pm me I made my sons baby food too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley0523
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:26 PM

you shouldnt be giving your 3 month old solids not until their 6 months she should be on formula or bm only

erinsmom1964
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

breast milk or formula THEN once baby can sit unsupported....has lost their tongue thrust......and can pick up food and put in their own mouth start feeding them ACTUAL food.  Purees are unneeded and a waste of time and money.  Educate yourself on baby led weaning at the minimum learn about how an infants gut works because 3 months old is way too young to be giving anything but breast/formula

Elaina_Rose
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Lactation from my wic office. She said that If my son was not gaining weight right I needed to start solids it's not like I fed him baby food all day he got oatmeal with some bananas in it or peas around dinner time. I also continued to breast feed my son till 13 months

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Pediatricians/doctora know NOTHING about breastfeeding! Did you know they get about 1 HOUR of education on breastfeeding in med school?

Breastfeeding counselor or actual lactation consultant? Through WIC? Through the hospital?

No IBCLC(International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) would ever recommend that.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

The dr told me it was fine and my Brest feeding consoler said the same. She said that I must not be making the nutrition that he needed he was very small and not gaining weight very well.

Quoting cabrandy03:

It's very normal for a breastfed baby to want to eat every hour, it dosn't mean they need solids.  It just means that your breastmilk is so perfect that it digests easily and quickly and that you should nurse often.

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

I breast fed and started my son on solids at three months he wanted to eat booby milk every hour! I started oatmeal first along with peas my son is just fine and he is 16 months now. Try peas! My son still loves them! My dr told me the same thing if you need any more advice pm me I made my sons baby food too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:42 AM
2 moms liked this
You shouldn't trust anyone from WIC. They are known for giving BAD advice!

Solids have LESS calories then breastmilk. A good LC will not encourage solids but will encourage additional feedings, maybe supplementation of pumped milk through a SNS(supplemental nursing system.)

This shows caloric content of common baby foods:

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/babyfoodcalories/

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

Lactation from my wic office. She said that If my son was not gaining weight right I needed to start solids it's not like I fed him baby food all day he got oatmeal with some bananas in it or peas around dinner time. I also continued to breast feed my son till 13 months

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

Quoting cabrandy03:

Quoting Elaina_Rose:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoddaMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Breast milk at three months! (or formula)
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Please don't feed baby that young. I have serious stomach issues (that didn't show up until my teens) due to cereal and foods too young. My mother feels horribly, but she didn't know ant better. Please, don't do anything that can cause lifetime issues like mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Start with pears or peaches.

Quoting proudmother3905:

Well for starters, she's a large baby and is never fully satisfied after eating. Her pediatrician even put her on special formula to fill her quicker. Her pediatrician said she could have solids. Just as long as I'm sure to get the appropriate consistency and texture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlbelknap35
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM
These moms might disagree with me and I don't care but I started my boys early too. Start with veggies, no combinations, one at a time and do the same one or 2 every 4-7 days to look for allergies. I never made mine I always did jar food but I know by 6 months both of mine hated baby food and turned to finger foods and were awesome at using there hands and fingers to feed themselves. After veggies then go to friut then start combining. If you need more early starter help just message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Nothing for a 3 month old. She should only be eating breast milk or formula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN