Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Still not sleeping through the night!!!

My son will be 9 months in about a week and a half and is STILL waking up one or two times a night to eat, i think it is WAY past time that he should be sleeping all night...i thought we would of mastered this months ago. Any advice on what to do or things i should try to get him to sleep all night??

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM

My DD is going to be 1 on the 20th of this month and still dont sleep through the night but its normal

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Maybe you could play more with your baby during the day to wear it out more. You could bathe the baby before bed. Do you play any type of music at night? We play either classical or country music all night and that helps my daughter sleep.

Quoting raylensmommy03:

see and most of my friends babies are doing the same thing, i dont know what to do different...

Quoting Nicki1995:

Wow..My daughter has been sleeping throught the night (most of the time) since about a month and a half. She wears herself out during the day for sure though because she is SO active! Shes 6 months btw

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie27
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM
My niece didn't sleep through the nigh until she was almost 3. And 9 months is a ya young to be sleeping through the night, IMO. Just another thing that comes with being a mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley0523
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

my son is 13 months and he still gets up sometimes I think its normal some kids just dont sleep through the night right away .

whitleypittman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Mine is 15 months and still not sleeping through the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Sttn is not a milestone. Every baby is different. If he is waking because he is hungry then you shouldn't deny him food. If he wants comfort, comfort him. Hell my 2yr old wakes atleast once a night for various reasons. I don't even sttn.... When not awakened by one of the kids I will wake in my own to pee or drink or something. There's no need to force sttn.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Laesmommy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:29 PM

It is completely normal for him to not be sleeping through the night yet. Most children do not sleep through the night untill they are 1-2. The parents whose babies started sleeping through the night at a few months are just incredibly lucky. That is NOT normal. 

abra
by Abra on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM
could be a growth spurt, plus waking up once a night is normal. I do that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I trained all four of my kids. With the exception of my six month old, who will wake once or twice to eat, they all sleep through the night. Some kids naturally learn to do it, others have to be trained.

Quoting Laesmommy:

It is completely normal for him to not be sleeping through the night yet. Most children do not sleep through the night untill they are 1-2. The parents whose babies started sleeping through the night at a few months are just incredibly lucky. That is NOT normal. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Ha! And you thought wrong!!! Some babies sttn early, but those babies are rare... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)