Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Still not sleeping through the night!!!

My son will be 9 months in about a week and a half and is STILL waking up one or two times a night to eat, i think it is WAY past time that he should be sleeping all night...i thought we would of mastered this months ago. Any advice on what to do or things i should try to get him to sleep all night??

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this
They don't *have* to be "trained". That's something you choose to do for your own convenience.

Quoting abra:

I trained all four of my kids. With the exception of my six month old, who will wake once or twice to eat, they all sleep through the night. Some kids naturally learn to do it, others have to be trained.

Quoting Laesmommy:

It is completely normal for him to not be sleeping through the night yet. Most children do not sleep through the night untill they are 1-2. The parents whose babies started sleeping through the night at a few months are just incredibly lucky. That is NOT normal. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bloomsr
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM
My son is almost 9 months as well. He is up 2-4x/night. He is very active and comfort nurses when he wakes.

At around 9 months your baby starts to go through a heightened period of seperation anxiety. Your baby misses you. It's hard getting up so much but usually your baby should fall back to sleep pretty quick.
MommyRJ
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM
My daughter is 2.5 and still up 1-4 times a night. She goes in spurts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraeBaysMom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Lol no advice but my DD is 3 and still wakes up 1or 2 times a night... Gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahsmommy508
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Yep dd Is almost 9 months and still not sttn .I guess its normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MajorsMommy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM
My 23m old just started.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy425906
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM

My DD is 13 mos - still wakes once, sometimes more. She is teething right now so its been more like two wakings a night.

My DS is 2 1/2 yrs old - still usually wakes up once for a bottle of milk. This is totally our fault. We let this habit continue for way too long. 

At some point their wakings become just out of habit, not because they are hungry or need anything. We didn't keep on top of that and now have the issue with our son still wanting a bottle between 3-5am. It sucks! :-(

busy mom

Proud mommy to Parker & Kayla!! 

LKRA
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Drug him.

lol

Seriously. Do some research on sleep patterns. :)

LKRA
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

The first time my eldest slept through the night (i.e. FIVE STRAIGHT HOURS), she was 3 years old. lol

The first time my youngest did it, he was three WEEKS old. Scared the shit out of me. Plus, my boobs were DYING. lol I was glad when he didn't do it again until months later. :)

He'll be a year old in two weeks, and still wakes to nurse once or twice in the night. Last night, though, he slept from 10pm-6am, so he's making me out to be a liar. lol

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Ha! And you thought wrong!!! Some babies sttn early, but those babies are rare... :)

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Normal :)

My one year old still wakes up once or twice to eat. Some babies can go all night, others cannot. Three kids and so far only one was able to go all night at 9 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN