Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Still not sleeping through the night!!!

My son will be 9 months in about a week and a half and is STILL waking up one or two times a night to eat, i think it is WAY past time that he should be sleeping all night...i thought we would of mastered this months ago. Any advice on what to do or things i should try to get him to sleep all night??

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
smac28
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Also, at that age it could be teething contributing to the problem.  

THIS! yes I agree!

Salem2012
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Is he breast fed or formula fed?

raylensmommy03
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM

formula

Quoting Salem2012:

Salem2012
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Then he can be weaned off the night feedins babies do not NEED to eat in the middle of the night at that age. Try the paci or give a little bit of water or simply try putting him back to sleep. It may take long at first but eventually he'll get it.

Quoting raylensmommy03:

formula

Quoting Salem2012:

CafeMom Tickers
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM
My 6.5 yr old still wakes everynight to get a drink and to pee. I'm no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivilayla
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I think its normal. My daughter is 9 month and still wakes up about 3 times to nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Some babies aren't ready to sleep through the night even at 9 months to a year.  My middle child was very thin and had a very fast metabolism and still woke to eat once a night until 15 months old, and it took until 18 months for her to completely stop

AleaKat
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Let him cry it out. It sounds horrible but you'll be thankful in the long run. My do. Was 10 months when I finally did it. I was losing my mind !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brijake0306
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Sttn is not a milestone

Quoting PEEK05:

I think that is very normal.  My daughter slept through the night at 8 months but my son did not until 13 months.  Sleeping through the night is just another milestone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Sleep is specific to each child. My youngest slept 12hrs at night from 8 weeks on. My middle child woke up 1-2 times a night until 18mo. My current one is 6 months and gets up every 1-2hrs.
I see no reason to make them sttn before they are ready and I see no reason not to feed a child who is hungry or thirsty.
No one tells you you can't wake up to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water
And I completely disagree with cio. Thats for selfish parents who are looking to make life easier for themselves forcing a child to meet the parents needs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN