Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still not sleeping through the night!!!

My son will be 9 months in about a week and a half and is STILL waking up one or two times a night to eat, i think it is WAY past time that he should be sleeping all night...i thought we would of mastered this months ago. Any advice on what to do or things i should try to get him to sleep all night??

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
smac28
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Also, at that age it could be teething contributing to the problem.  

THIS! yes I agree!

Salem2012
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Is he breast fed or formula fed?

raylensmommy03
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM

formula

Quoting Salem2012:

Salem2012
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Then he can be weaned off the night feedins babies do not NEED to eat in the middle of the night at that age. Try the paci or give a little bit of water or simply try putting him back to sleep. It may take long at first but eventually he'll get it.

Quoting raylensmommy03:

formula

Quoting Salem2012:

CafeMom Tickers
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM
My 6.5 yr old still wakes everynight to get a drink and to pee. I'm no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivilayla
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I think its normal. My daughter is 9 month and still wakes up about 3 times to nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Some babies aren't ready to sleep through the night even at 9 months to a year.  My middle child was very thin and had a very fast metabolism and still woke to eat once a night until 15 months old, and it took until 18 months for her to completely stop

AleaKat
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Let him cry it out. It sounds horrible but you'll be thankful in the long run. My do. Was 10 months when I finally did it. I was losing my mind !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brijake0306
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Sttn is not a milestone

Quoting PEEK05:

I think that is very normal.  My daughter slept through the night at 8 months but my son did not until 13 months.  Sleeping through the night is just another milestone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Sleep is specific to each child. My youngest slept 12hrs at night from 8 weeks on. My middle child woke up 1-2 times a night until 18mo. My current one is 6 months and gets up every 1-2hrs.
I see no reason to make them sttn before they are ready and I see no reason not to feed a child who is hungry or thirsty.
No one tells you you can't wake up to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water
And I completely disagree with cio. Thats for selfish parents who are looking to make life easier for themselves forcing a child to meet the parents needs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN