Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What to get a 5 month old.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
My son was born July 9th. My grandma and everyone are asking what he wants for Christmas - IDK! My family goes all out and gets a lot of gifts and i feel like he changes every day. Help! What in the world do u get a 5-6 month old?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Books, teethers, music
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

books, clothes, teethers, blankets, music cd's, a couple baby toys

Lovemyboys1212
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Lots of clothes all different sizes, diapers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Ds was 6 months old last Christmas Eve.  I just tried to get him things that would be useful between Christmas and his Birthday.

Books are always good, especially board books.  Look for toys that are 6 months+ and 9 months+.  We bought DS the fisher price laugh and learn toolbench last year and he still loves it.  Grandma and Grandpa bought him a wagon, obviously more of a spring/summer/fall toy but we used it all summer.  Look for toy cell phones and remotes.  DS loves ours but those will suffice if you don't want him destroying yours.  He also got a fisher price mp3 player, it only has 12 songs and in my opinion kinda sucks but DS loved it.  Plastic keys are good too.  

Bryntayk16
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Thanks everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:26 AM
Teethers clothes musical toys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:27 AM
A sit to stand toy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Have you seen those cool keyboard things they can lay down and kick? They are cool! I was going to get dd one but she'll be 9 months then lol I don't think she'll be interested in being on her back anymore.

OP I suggest going to a website such as toysrus.com or walmart.com and looking up toys for her age group. That always helped me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:37 AM
I agree with all the above answers. Also what asking for passes to kid museums, zoo stuff like that.? I know 6 months might be a little young for that but some family members like to give big gifts so that's an alternative and you have a year of fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:38 AM
I had this same exact question last year lol my daughter was 5 months old last Christmas.

Tell them to get things for when he's older. Ask for walking toys, activity tables .. Things like that. He will use them before you know it and you'll already have them! Also, any type of musical instrument will be nice. My daughter has a little set that she plays with almost every day.

Example of a walking toy:
http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=BF2AA69F46BE73EC580C6A0375068C33#ip/Playskool-Step-Start-Walk-n-Ride/882533

Example of an activity table:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003NX72D4
*At 14 months, this is still one of my daughters favorite toys!

Drum set:
http://m.target.com/p/b-parum-pum-pum-drum/-/A-12026425
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN