Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Freezing baby food?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM
  • 2 Replies

I made a ton of baby food tonight and im wanting to freeze it, i got what i could into containers but i ran out of containers and still got a bit to freeze, i was told not to freeze breastmilk into snaplock bags, but is it ok to do it with baby food(i dont really want to use my milk bags) ive heard of people freezing it in icecubes then putting it in snaplock but i have way to much for ice cubes, is it ok to freeze it straight into snaplocks?

Its probably a dumb question but ive never done this before :) and i never asked the reason not to freeze milk into snaplocks so this is why im asking about the food incase theres something in the plastics.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Owl_Feather
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Frozen as cubes is easier to remove from bags. If you must just pour in a bag, make sure the bag is freezer safe and can handle hot water (i'd let it sit in hot water to thaw). And you can freeze bm...it just destroys some of the nutrients. Not all though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I agree with the pp. Be sure to use a freezer bag, otherwise the food will get frostbite which will make baby sick. Not to mention smell and taste awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)