Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

sleep wars

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

Alright cafemoms here's my story.  My dd is almost 5 months old.  At night she sleeps in our room.  She started out in a bassinet and is now in a pack-n-play next to my bed.  The battle I am facing is keeping her in "her bed" and not mine.  I feel alot of my issue is when night time rolls around I become lazy and don't make the effort to put her back in her bed... now I think my laziness has created a problem because my dd, when I put her back in her bed after breastfeeding, starts to kick her feet, roll around, talk to herself, etc. until I take her out.  I have laid awake in bed for over an hour listening to this before, thinking oh she'll go to sleep... she doesn't go back to sleep.  AND get this once I can't take it anymore because I want to sleep I'll bring her back into my bed with me and she is out in like 2 seconds!  How do I make it so she is atleast sleeping in her pack and play 90 percent of the night (10 percent for breastfeeding) again?  I'm pretty sure I know what I need to do but I would like to hear other mom's advice becasue I'm hoping it will encourage me to make the change!  = )

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kirstina
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM
3 moms liked this

If she isnt crying dont take her out. Just let her lay there talk to herself play with her feet and you go to sleep she is secure in a safe place.

NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Let her go to sleep in your bed and then move her. I'm not a co-sleeper, it's very uncomfortable for me, so that's what I did. Eventually dd got back to being usrd to her crib.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

It's obviously much easier and more comfortable to co sleep and there is no reason you need to keep her out of your bed. 

I would encourage you to do what feels natural, not what you think others expect you to do because of our weird cultural ideals.

abra
by Abra on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

this is what I do. If their playing is keeping me awake, I just move them to another room where I could still hear them if something was wrong, but not listen to them move around and coo. 

Quoting kirstina:

If she isnt crying dont take her out. Just let her lay there talk to herself play with her feet and you go to sleep she is secure in a safe place.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

louzannalady
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep her in bed with me, because that is the safest place for her physically, emotionally, and mentally. : ) This time is just so short and they need so much at this time. I regret not giving more to my oldest. I do not regret giving my all with my youngest. 

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

sleep with her sheet for a couple days so it smells like she's next to you, then put it on the pack n play, you might also get an actual mattress that goes in it (we did for our youngest)

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM
This. She just has to learn to fall asleep on her own :)

Quoting kirstina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommabogart
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM

thanks for all of the answers I will have to try some of your suggestions!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)