Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I'm concerned......thinking of calling his pedi

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday afternoon I was nursing my son. Nothing out of the ordinary. Well while he was nursing I noticed that from his neck up he started shaking for 3 seconds and then stopped for 1 second and the started shaking again for 3 seconds.

Then, about 10 minutes ago, I was breastfeeding him again. And again, he started shaking but this time it was from his chest up. He shook for a second and then stopped for a second and then shook again for 3 seconds and then stopped for a second and then shook again for 4 seconds and then stopped.

For some reason this only happens when he's breastfeeding and it happens at the end of it.

I'm very concerned, should I call his pedi?

I'm thinking it might just be the nervous system, since it's not fully developed yet.

when he was a month old his fist would switch and i asked the nurse and doctor about it and they said it's just the nervous system working because it's not fully developed yet.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Replies (11-11):
TiffanyMarie80
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM

My oldest did this from about 1 week to 2 months, then outgrew it.  Her Dr said it was a matter of her nervous system maturing.  \

I would call the Dr - and try to get a video of it so they can see what's happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)