Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How much is too much?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM
  • 17 Replies
My son will be 9 weeks tomorrow. When I make his bottles i usually make 4 oz bottles. Somtimes hes satisfied but most of the time he still wants more. My husband said he shouldnt be drinking more than that but I feel like if hes still hungry why not a little more? Sometimes I will make one more oz but even then hes still hungry at times. Where would you cut them off as too much? And at 9the weeks what is the average ounce being eaten??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I think you should feed him if he is hungry. I dont think you should just cut off giving him milk when hes still hungry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1CrazyCajun
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:48 PM

My son was drinking 5 oz at that age. But he's a big baby. Not fat, just big like my husband. I ended up having to add a little cereal to his bottles to thicken it up some. He stayed hungry with only milk. But, I'm sure others will tell you cereal isn't good for a baby that young.

jlbelknap35
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM
This, the only time I ever say limit is if he is drinking till he makes himself sick to where he throws most of it up. Just feed till he is full

Quoting Nicki1995:

I think you should feed him if he is hungry. I dont think you should just cut off giving him milk when hes still hungry

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

My first child was formula fed.  Our doctor said no more than 32 oz. of formula in a day, as that would be overfeeding and could cause issues.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Oooh. That had me worried! Lol i thought you meant stopping if he is still hungry. Maybe when you know he is full, give him a paci? I never really had that problem because my daughter doesnt overeat. when shes full she lets you know lol

Quoting jlbelknap35:

This, the only time I ever say limit is if he is drinking till he makes himself sick to where he throws most of it up. Just feed till he is full

Quoting Nicki1995:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM

how much does he weigh?

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM
If he wants it and doesn't get sick from more then it's ok to give more :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM

DS2 have taken between 4 and 6 oz since he was 8 weeks old...he's 6 months now and still takes between 4 and 6 oz...my ped said nothing more than 6 oz at a feeding that little because it can cause problems later and he should wait longer to feed when he takes more

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Are you sure he's hungry? Maybe he just wants to suck. Try a pacifier after feedings and see if that soothes him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalliry
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM
He was 9 lbs 9 oz at his last checkup but that was last month hes def over 10and lbs now

Quoting emkirkley:

how much does he weigh?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)