Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I CANT STAND THIS

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
im BEYOND angry and fusterated to the max. any ladies had this problem? Before, my 4 yr old ds would repeat what i said when i ask him a question. then he started answering me without repeating himself. Now its worse... he repeats himself and lies. DD went in room to play, ds pushed herout and closed door. She srarted crying . the how convo goes:
Josh, why is Trinity crying.
Trinity crying
Iknow shes crying but why?
umm... Trinity crying
Josh do not tell me she is crying . Tell me WHY. what did you doto make her cry.
Trinity play with my toys.
ok, what did you do when you saw her play with your toys?
I sat down in my chair
no udidnt uwere standing in the hall. what did u do to her
trinity crying

im lost
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kris0921
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Its ok. I know it is frustrating and a pain in the butt. I would work on you asking him questions and him answering with just the answer, not repeating the question or a portion of it. Also if he starts to mess up, stop him tell him give me five or touch your head, then ask him again. This will teach him to answer a question without repeating any part of it.

abra
by Abra on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Sometimes it could be annoying, but its our job as mothers to train our children. It is completely unfair to them to get upset with them. They are kids. We are ultimately responsible for what they and don't do. If you don't want him doing that, you have to teach him, patiently, not to do it. Getting angry at a kid is like getting angry at a baby for being hungry when you are running late to be somewhere. It's not their fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Wait, he's only a year old? You're expecting a one year old to sit down and explain things to you? At that age he barely understands why he's doing what he does and how to accurately communicate. Dd is 15 months and I'm thrilled when she understands how to communicate small things, like answering where her nose is or what she wants to go do. I don't think he's intentionally doing anything wrong while talking to you. He probably doesn't understand why his sister is crying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:23 AM
hes 4 years old. 5 in february

Quoting Turtledoves:

Wait, he's only a year old? You're expecting a one year old to sit down and explain things to you? At that age he barely understands why he's doing what he does and how to accurately communicate. Dd is 15 months and I'm thrilled when she understands how to communicate small things, like answering where her nose is or what she wants to go do. I don't think he's intentionally doing anything wrong while talking to you. He probably doesn't understand why his sister is crying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:24 AM
thanks. he figits and automatically cries too

Quoting kris0921:

Its ok. I know it is frustrating and a pain in the butt. I would work on you asking him questions and him answering with just the answer, not repeating the question or a portion of it. Also if he starts to mess up, stop him tell him give me five or touch your head, then ask him again. This will teach him to answer a question without repeating any part of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)