Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How to get baby to sleep through the night

Posted by   + Show Post

My baby is now 8 months old and has slept through the night about 6 times in her life. She has been a very sick little girl as a result of daycare and has had cronic colds and ear infections since she was two months old. We just got her tubes 3 weeks ago and she is teething on top of it all. My doctor has suggested the scream it out method but seeing as how my kid was always sick I didn't want to do that. Now that she's getting better shes in the habit of waking in the middle of the night. Any tips on how to get her to sleep all the way through. 

THANKS

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Replies (11-15):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM

No tips here

Just keep a good sleep routine

The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I would try to cut a nap out or not let her nap past a certain time but other than that, I would just keep going to her at night. If she is waking up to eat there's really nothing you can do but feed her.

sarahg86
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM

yeah shes good about going down at the same time every night I think she is just in the habit of waking up from being sick so I am trying to do a cold bottle at that time and shes been going back to sleep within a couple of mins and than gets up at 3 to eat breakfast so I am hopeful she will cut out waking up the other times before 3am

abra
by Abra on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
you can look into the baby whisperer/compassionate cio method. It's not just leaving them to scream. It has worked well for us. My 6 month old sleeps from 9pm to 7am and usually only wakes once to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crystal_S
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM

My 7 mth DS wakes up every 3-4 hours to nurse. No amount of time CIO is going to change it. I must learn to sleep when he naps in the day I am realizing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN