Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

crib to toddler bed

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 12 Replies

just wondering what is the earliest someone would switch there little one to a toddler bed. :)

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_0f_many
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

when they can climb out of the crib :)

expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM
This. We didn't switch our first until a little before three cause he wasn't climbing out.

Quoting Mommy_0f_many:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I think it depends on the child. If they are endangering themselves by trying to climb out, then its time to switch. We didn't switch DD until she was 3.

abra
by Abra on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:10 PM
exactly, so with my first, she was 2 when she figured it out. My second was 1. My third is almost 2 and hasn't figured it out yet so he's still in a crib, which is good because he shares a room with his 6 month old baby brother. lol!

Quoting expectantmom81:

This. We didn't switch our first until a little before three cause he wasn't climbing out.

Quoting Mommy_0f_many:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM

when they can climb out of the crib. 

Emadele
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM
We switched ours over when I found out ds could hike his leg up on the rail and pull himself up. It got switched that day. He didn't actually climb out of it at that point bit I was t giving him the chance to either. He was 15 mos.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
heatherhall29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I switched when my oldest started climbing out which was at 15 months and my daughter never climes out but when she was two I switched to a twin bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM
This is what we do as well

Quoting expectantmom81:

Quoting Mommy_0f_many:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1820
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM

as soon as my step daughter turned 2 i put her in a toddler bed. she wasnt so excited about it but i use to tell her ill be right back and she would just fall asleep. i only had to do that for about a week after that she now just climbs in her bed, she loves it!

SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM
We actually never used a crib. With our now 7 yr old daughter she slept with us then we moved her to a toddler bed around the age of 1. She loved it but still made it to our bed every night.
With our son, he just turned 1 on Sept 26th. We used a playpen with the bassinet and he also sleeps with us. He does have his own bed which I found an idea on the internet with a crib mattress put on the floor as the bed. That's what we are doing now. He takes naps there and sleeps there until we go to bed around 12am. He may not be in a confined space but it actually works for us. His room is completely baby proofed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)