Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

8 month old won't drink. *UPDATE* UPDATE2

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 39 Replies

My 8 month old DD won't drink juice, I was just wondering if any one had some tips, I have tried putting it in her bubba, sippy cup, etc. Nothing seems to be working. We started putting it in a sippy cup first, tried a few different brands, she will chew on it but wont drink from it. So my mother suggested just giving her juice in a bubba, and I tried that too but she doesn't want it. Any tips, or is it normal for babies this age to not really drink anything besides formula? 

UPDATE: Her pediatrician recommended juice&water< she won't drink either. She only has MAYBE 4 bottles a day, her pediatrician didnt want to risk her getting dehydrated. I just wanted to know if anyone had any tips about getting her to drink juice/water. I just want to go by the pediatrician, she's really great and I believe her when she says that she should be having some juice/water. Thank you gals for your tips, but I just think I should listen to the pediatrican in this case, so if anyone has any tips of how to get her to drink juice/water that would be helpful, I understand that she doesnt need it yet, but this is on her pediatricians remondation.

UPDATE2:

I wasnt asking if people thought I SHOULD be giving her juice/water, I was asking of tips on HOW to give her juice/water. My pediatrican has recomended this to help with her constipation issues, I did not add that in the OP because I was not asking if I should I was asking for tips on how. If your not going to answer the question, why comment on the post??

thank you to all the moms that actually helped me with advice! :)

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queen_k0302
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM
They dont need juice. Milk and a little water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Juice isn't necessary. I wouldn't worry :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
At 8 mos old baby should not be getting juice... Or any other liquid to drink except breast milk/formula. You *can* offer a few oz of water a day but even that is not needed.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
shamillionaire
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM
I never gave my 8m old juice. He didnt start juice till after 12m. And ut was with a straw sippy cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM
My 17 month old won't drink it. She doesn't like the taste. She only likes milk. At 8 months, she doesn't need juice. Don't worry about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Quoting expectantmom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM

At that age I just gave my girls a sippy with water in it, they hardly ever drank from it but it got them used to the cup. 

Quoting abra:

Quoting expectantmom81:

melindabelcher
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM
No need to worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Try the nuby brand but I have a ten month old and we just give water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I give it to my daughter in a bottle. I havent tried giving it in a sippy cup yet because she isnt too good with using it yet. I just give her water in a sippy cup right now. She only drinks like an ounce of it but when she drinks more i will put formula in there some. How many ounces of water annd how many ounces of juice do you try to give her? And what flavors of juice? Is it juice with no sugar added? And when do you try giving it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN