Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

when did you put baby in front facing carseat?

Posted by   + Show Post
??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Replies (51-60):
cpflum08
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM
My first she was 14 months, my second is two still rf and can for another 6lbs then I have to ff:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM

It will only be for booster training.  She will be riding a school bus and I want her to be able to sit properly without a harness on the bus.  I'm terrified!  She is very mature and probably could train now, but I don't want her to.  So I figured in 2 more years we can at least train.  We don't travel but 2x a week and its not far (one time for dance and groceries, and another for church).

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Quoting rHOPEb:

My daughter was 10mos and 25lbs.  I did NOT know better and there was no one to inform me.  :(  She will be 4yr next month and I praise God every day that we were never in an accident when she was younger.  She is in a Maestro (she's around 43in and 42lbs) and will continue to be harnessed until around 6yr of age (before she starts school).

Now that I know better......our son will be RF to the max of his seat.  Its a Momentum with a 40lb RF limit.  :)

Ey are ou taking her out of the harness at 6? Just curious:)

3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM
With my 1st at about 14mo because I didn't know better. With our second at 19months because we had a new baby and could rf 2 seats. He's 2
Now and actually 1 inch away from the height limit of the seat. We're looking for a minivan to better fit te car seats but I doubt we'll flip him back around since he's only 1 growth spurt away from the limit. My goal is 2 for the baby. According to the growth rate of my other 2 she should stay within the limits of the seat that long. She's not enormous so I think we're fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chellie13
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Been a while for me, as my youngest is 14 y/o lol... I remember flipping them around when they kept trying to look over the seat to see where I was... And that was before 1 y/o.  Guess I'll have to update my self with the new "rules"...

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM

When they reach the limits of a convertible seat or minimum of 2 years old and 30 lbs.

weirdkids
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Both kids were 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I don't think convertible carseats even existed 14 years ago, lol. So you probably didn't have a whole lot of choice. I remember it being a relatively new thing when my niece was born in 2003. But maybe I'm wrong, I was a preteen/young teen in the 90's so I never really paid any attention to carseats.

Quoting Chellie13:

Been a while for me, as my youngest is 14 y/o lol... I remember flipping them around when they kept trying to look over the seat to see where I was... And that was before 1 y/o.  Guess I'll have to update my self with the new "rules"...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM
i will when he is a year old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughterHugs
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM

at these ages :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN