Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Carseat Talk

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 49 Replies
Markus is a year and two weeks, 19 lbs. He is still rear facing but we need to get him a new carseat. He's starting to outgrow his. What kind of carseat do you recommend for extended rear facing that can eventually be used for forward facing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
do11face
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM

My daughter is 3 1/2 and has a myride.I really like it.
My 6 year old has a truefit. He is still able to be harnessed but is booster training (high back booster) in my husband's car for short trips.

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM
idk, we dont erf so heres a BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonGrace
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Britax marathon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
If you can provide his torso length and how much you're willing to spend, I know the more experienced carseat mama's will give you some great recommendations! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I dont know his torso length but he is 28 3/4". I hope that helps.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

If you can provide his torso length and how much you're willing to spend, I know the more experienced carseat mama's will give you some great recommendations! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
He's not super big, so your options are wide open.
What's your budget? Is rebound protection important to you? And to give us an idea of his torso, what size onesies/shirts does he wear?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Well, we dont have a ton of money to spend on a seat. He wears 12 month onsies.

Quoting tyrelsmom:

He's not super big, so your options are wide open.

What's your budget? Is rebound protection important to you? And to give us an idea of his torso, what size onesies/shirts does he wear?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laulaulu321
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Once DS was 20 lbs we put him in a ff carseat. But a combo rf and ff carseat would be big enough to rf your baby longer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM
If I had smaller babies, I'd want a Britax. They are a little expensive, though. And not tall enough to keep my 31.5 inch 9 month old RFing as long as I'd like. Evenflo Triumph or Momentum come to mind, or a Graco Myride for a more budget friendly seat. The new Graco Size4Me or MySize (same carseat, different covers) will last the longest, but it's about $180. I don't know if that's too much. It's worth it, though, because it also has nice high top harness slots for FFing. You would easily be able to go straight from that one to a booster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

It depends on size and budget :)

My older kids are taller and skinny. They were rear facing until almost 4 years old in the True Fit.

My 2 year old is shorter and a little more chunky. She is rear facing in the Britax Advocate CS. That seat is $400, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)