Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need help from moms with high needs babies.

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 16 Replies
DH is working out of town and ds has been sick so he won't let anyone else hold not even my parents. Even when he's not sick he'll only sleep in my arms or laying next to me the moment I get up he wakes up screaming. I can't even go pee without him screaming. How in world can I get a shower? Because he's been extra cranky and clingy since being sick the house is a mess and I can't even get a shower. I'm going crazy because I really need a moment to get a shower but I can't seem to find one.

Please help!!
Anyone have any advice???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I don't really have any advice for you. I don't practice attachment parenting but  I hope he feels better soon for you! ((hugs)) 

jmaw89
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM
How old is he? Do you have a wrap or sling to wear him? You could take him in the shower and just use one hand, or take a bath with him. If you can shower fast enough you might just have to take a fast one while he cries. I'm nit a CIO person but if its five min to help with sanity please take a shower. Sorry it's hard feeling helpless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Do you have a swing or some sort of seat you can put baby in on the bathroom floor while you shower? That way even if he starts fussing you can peek at him and see he is fine for a min or two till you finish up. Or if you have an infant bath seat you could set him in the shower with you. And the. Just wash him after you. Two for one deal.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
NicLof2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM
He's 9 months old. I don't understand because my eldest was not like this but he will scream. Even if he can see me and in the same room if I'm not holding him. Its not even a little cry, he acts like he's being killed.

Quoting jmaw89:

How old is he? Do you have a wrap or sling to wear him? You could take him in the shower and just use one hand, or take a bath with him. If you can shower fast enough you might just have to take a fast one while he cries. I'm nit a CIO person but if its five min to help with sanity please take a shower. Sorry it's hard feeling helpless.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmaw89
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM
My dd was like that off and on for a long time. I'm assuming he can sit well? Hook him up with some bath toys and set him at the end of the shower. Hopefully he'll be interested.

Quoting NicLof2:

He's 9 months old. I don't understand because my eldest was not like this but he will scream. Even if he can see me and in the same room if I'm not holding him. Its not even a little cry, he acts like he's being killed.

Quoting jmaw89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I've tried that and th just screams unless I hold him and I always feel like I'm gonna drop him so I've stopped holing him in there with me. It mind sound selfish but I never even have 5 secs to myself. I guess I just want a shower to relax and clear my my head to have those few minutes alone.

Quoting Emadele:

Do you have a swing or some sort of seat you can put baby in on the bathroom floor while you shower? That way even if he starts fussing you can peek at him and see he is fine for a min or two till you finish up. Or if you have an infant bath seat you could set him in the shower with you. And the. Just wash him after you. Two for one deal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM
It doesn't sound selfish at all. I know how you feel!! I wish I had some other suggestion. I know it sucks to hear them cry and get so upset. :(

Quoting NicLof2:

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM

It's separation anxiety.   It will pass.   You can get a sling to wear in the shower... but this phase might be over before then!   If you have other people around to help, hand baby over and go shower... he'll be fine for a few minutes.   Do you have any good carriers to help with the housework?    Pop baby on your back and go about your business.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Quoting abra:

I don't really have any advice for you. I don't practice attachment parenting but  I hope he feels better soon for you! ((hugs)) 

What does attachment parenting have to do with a high need/mid-separation anxiety infant?

NicLof2
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know what that is. My son had health problems due to being born early and is just now growing out of them and getting a clean bill health from his different doctors (Except this week he's been sick with high fever from throat and double ear infections), he even came home on monitors.

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)