Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Ok so ive NEVER heard of this!!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:02 AM
  • 19 Replies
A friend of mine, his daughter was admitted Wednesday due to high blood pressure she is 3 weeks from her due date. So anyways yesterday they started her induction she labored all day then her doctor STOPPED IT last night and is gonna start again today. Now maybe this is the best thing but has anyone ever heard if this because I haven't. Isn't he putting a lot of stress on her body??? I guess maybe he's trying to avoid a c section, but if she didn't progress enough yesterday what makes him think she will today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Did he place a cervadil last night? Cervadil softens the cervix so it will begin to open. If that's not the case then i think he was just being lazy and wanted a full nights rest!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebutterfly
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:35 AM
He did the cervadil yesterday morning.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Did he place a cervadil last night? Cervadil softens the cervix so it will begin to open. If that's not the case then i think he was just being lazy and wanted a full nights rest!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM
If she didn't progress in 24 hours then her body isn't ready! She very well could be facing a c section. That's crazy that the doctor would stop her labor just to start it back again today

Quoting junebutterfly:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebutterfly
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM
That's what I wad thinking. She texted me and said he wanted her to get a good nights rest before starting the pit today.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

If she didn't progress in 24 hours then her body isn't ready! She very well could be facing a c section. That's crazy that the doctor would stop her labor just to start it back again today

Quoting junebutterfly:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM
3 moms liked this
It's not crazy to stop an induction and take a break. If they were running pit the receptor sites can be flooded. So you stop the pit and let the body take a break and start back up later. It's not uncommon to stop overnight and let mom get a nice break.

I'm an L&D nurse so I'm speaking from a professional experience.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM

they may be trying a different tactic today in trying to avoid a csection...sometimes all it takes is 1 day and different medicines/combinations of medicines to get it to work....I've never progressed past a 3 without having my water broken.

junebutterfly
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I'm just saying I never heard of it. Once they started my inductions they never stopped. I labored for 25 hours and 16 hours and had no c section.

Quoting IrishIz:

It's not crazy to stop an induction and take a break. If they were running pit the receptor sites can be flooded. So you stop the pit and let the body take a break and start back up later. It's not uncommon to stop overnight and let mom get a nice break.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Not all doctors treat patients the same, and not all patients need the same treatment.  Were you in for PIH or pre-e?  I was, and I can tell you that the way my induction was done with that L&D was very different from my other two because of how your body responds to pain, epidurals and medication when being treated for PIH/pre-e.

Quoting junebutterfly:

I'm just saying I never heard of it. Once they started my inductions they never stopped. I labored for 25 hours and 16 hours and had no c section.

Quoting IrishIz:

MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I had pre-e and this was never done.

Quoting emkirkley:

Not all doctors treat patients the same, and not all patients need the same treatment.  Were you in for PIH or pre-e?  I was, and I can tell you that the way my induction was done with that L&D was very different from my other two because of how your body responds to pain, epidurals and medication when being treated for PIH/pre-e.

Quoting junebutterfly:

Quoting IrishIz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I know you were saying you never heard of it.  Was I not supposed to tell you that this can be a common practice?  I was just letting you know, since you never heard of it, that it is done any why it may be done.

Are you considering "labor" from when you started medication to having baby?  The reality is if her body was doing nothing more than contracting...she isn't in labor.  The break for her body can be good...gives it a chance to reboot.

Quoting junebutterfly:

Quoting IrishIz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN