Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Hello ladies new to the group!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM
  • 11 Replies
Hello my name is Terri, I am a stay at home mom, my wonderful hubby works on the road so we see him every 6-12 weeks. We have a 5 yr old little boy and a two week old little girl. 5 years is a long time and I have forgotten a lot about newborns. Lol. I am currently exclusively breast feeding dd, and she is wearing me out, she bf like a champ but she is using me as a pacifier, she will scream bloody murder until I give her the breast. She will nip at it for a minute and then go to sleep. With ds he would feed then want the binky, dd is completely opposite she wants nothing to do with anything other then the breast. I'm having a hard time getting anything done, because she is either sleeping or screaming for the boob. Ped says its normal and she will out grow it but I'm not sure how much more my poor nipples can take. Lol any advice would be great. Just FYI 98 % of the time I am completely alone, we have a lot of rescue animals that require my care and I need to be able to lay her down for a solid 15 min here and there to feed and clean pens, but I currently can't. I am not opposed to a pacifier, or self soothing. Like I said its been a while I feel like a first time mom again. :) ps how do I share pics from my iPad? We just had dd pics taken and I want so badly to share them!!!
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Terri1985
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Welcome Terri!

How are you doing today?

mommyhonu
by Mary on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Aloha & welcome to the group!

Is it possible to wear baby?

Terri1985
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Im good,very tired but good. Thanks for responding how r u?

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Welcome Terri!

How are you doing today?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GE1
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Welcome to the group, good for you that you are exclusively breastfeeding. A 2 week old needs to be held and comforted a lot because they need the warmth and security from your body. It might be a good idea for you to wear your LO. Also at 3 weeks old expect a growth spurt because she will be nursing all the time so you may want to consider joining Breastfeeding moms as well. GL

CafeMom Tickers

Are you Canadian? Join us at Canadian Moms Getaway    

babygomez
by April on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I'm sorry, I don't breastfeed my kids, so I have no experience with that, and I don't have an ipad, but welcome to the group and congratulations on your new baby! :)

tamidawn
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Welcome! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terri1985
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Quoting mommyhonu:

Aloha & welcome to the group!

Is it possible to wear baby?

Thank you! I try to wear her as much as possible but it's hard when I have to clean pens and feed the animals. She is also very very impatient lol as soon as I pick her whether she is happy or crying she wants the breast and is inconsolable until she gets it. I guess I'm just a bit exhausted. She was a c-section baby and I'm still trying to get back to normal my self.
Terri1985
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Quoting GE1:

Welcome to the group, good for you that you are exclusively breastfeeding. A 2 week old needs to be held and comforted a lot because they need the warmth and security from your body. It might be a good idea for you to wear your LO. Also at 3 weeks old expect a growth spurt because she will be nursing all the time so you may want to consider joining Breastfeeding moms as well. GL

Thank you for your warm welcome and thank you for your advice, I try to keep her on me as much as possible. Like I said once a mom always a mom it's like riding a bike and it's all coming back but it is almost like being a first timer after 5 yrs, lol. I just joined the breast feeding moms, I'm looking forward to reading the posts there and maybe gaining some insight.
Terri1985
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting babygomez:

I'm sorry, I don't breastfeed my kids, so I have no experience with that, and I don't have an ipad, but welcome to the group and congratulations on your new baby! :)

Thank you very much!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN