Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bed times

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi ladies, pls I need advice on how to enforce bedtime on my 3 yr old. She absolutely refuses to sleep @ 8. She's up as long as I'm up and I'm not about to go to bed @ 8pm just so she can sleep then too. I'd appreciate suggestions and pointers. Thank u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
erikays
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Do you do baths at a certain time? We do baths at 7, then bed time story and he's in bed at 8.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t-mummy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM
We usually do baths when she gets back from school and none in the evening because she's succeptible to cold. Do you think I should move bath time closer to bedtime?

Quoting erikays:

Do you do baths at a certain time? We do baths at 7, then bed time story and he's in bed at 8.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalliry
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:06 PM
My stepson is 3 1/2 and he refuses to go to bed at bedtime. He even has a late bedtime for his age in my opinion but thats the way his dad lets it be. We do bath at 8 his sister gets a shower at 830 then popcorn and storytime and bed at 930. He has been absolutely refusing to go to bed and was staying up until midnight and sometimes after. I finally got fed up and said hell no hes 3 im done with this he goes to bed when we tell him. We put a movie on in his room to fall asleep to but hell go up play and make noise then sneak back downstairs and throw fits if he didnt get his way. Hes at that point where his favorite word is no, hes giving huge attitude, and he doesnt listen at all. We eventually had to crack down and get tough. We threatened timeout and he actually said he wanted to go in timeout cuz he didnt want to go to bed. We just take him up put him in bed and are tough about it now but thats only because hes given us so many problems. At his moms house hes aloud to do whatever he wants so its kinda working against us :/ He drew the line the other night and for the first time there was no tough he got yelled at and i think things are going to turn around now..(i hope) but its tough...i feel you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aubie1229
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Ours go to bed at 8 because we make them. Do you set the house rules or do your kids? I don't mean to be rude but it sounds like your kids are setting the rules. Bath time at 720 , read time from 745 to 8, go pee, then bed. Let them cry it out. Right at 3 our oldest went through a 2 night phase where he wanted to get up so we held the door closed, after a few min of crying he went back to bed and haven't had an issue since. Don't let then walk over you at 3 yo or you will be in trouble later

-------------------------------------------------------------

My Husband and I created an iPhone app! Turn your family pictures into a baby rattle! Baby Faces Rattle in the app store.

erikays
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I would, baths are relaxing :)

Quoting t-mummy:

We usually do baths when she gets back from school and none in the evening because she's succeptible to cold. Do you think I should move bath time closer to bedtime?

Quoting erikays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM
My son is autistic so bedtime is a challenge. However, he is allowed to stay awake as long as he is in his bed with the light out. He usually plays until about 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)