Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Blisters on Baby's Bottom...*edit*

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

My daughter is almost 3 months old and I noticed blisters on her bottom this morning. It first appeared like diaper rash, so I put Desitin on it, thinking nothing more of it. However, as the day progressed, I noticed they looked more and more like blisters rather than diaper rash, and then a third one showed up. The last time I changed her, she screamed bloody murder and I saw that one was bleeding a little.

She is going to the doctor in an hour, but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this? What causes it?

EDIT: Thanks everyone, for your quick responses! It turns out it's a yeast infection. She has thrush, I found out, so she's getting an oral as well as external creme treatment. The doctor says she thinks it's going from her mouth to her bottom. I thought it would be hand, foot and mouth disease because I looked up blisters and that was one of the symptoms. I was told to sanitize her bottles, nipples and pacifiers every day rather than once a week like I was doing, as well as getting the medication.

I appreciate your responses and advice, thanks again! 

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenesis915
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM

bump

t-mummy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I don't know what it looks like so I can't really say but I think u need to leave her bum open for a while. Apply vaseline which will soothe the pain bf putting on a fresh diaper and don't leave your diaper on too long especially when wet.I hope she gets better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queen_k0302
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM
My dd did that. I went 2 wks trying 3 different diaper creams. Took her to the doctor and it was a yeast infection. The doctor said blisters on babies is never normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Could be yeast. Doctor will prescribe an antifungal if it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM

could be yeast or coxsackie virus or a bacterial infection. 

once the skin is broken using baby wipes just hurts it more, just pat with a damp paper towel and let air dry, then coat with whatever your ped tells you to use.

mommy425906
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Yeast infection is my guess.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Bump

kirstina
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
what did you find out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shanmc329
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
My dd got those when she was a baby, turned out to be an allergic reaction to pampers, we switched to luvs and it went away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yes, I was told to give her breathing room. I do try very hard to make sure I'm constantly checking for a wet diaper, but I know that isn't always possible! 

Quoting t-mummy:

I don't know what it looks like so I can't really say but I think u need to leave her bum open for a while. Apply vaseline which will soothe the pain bf putting on a fresh diaper and don't leave your diaper on too long especially when wet.I hope she gets better soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN