Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

baby, first birthday party? how big is to big?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
hubby and I always disagree on what to do for kids birthday. this year however he agreed we could have a small party if I did both the girls birthdays together. so I plan the party, run everything by him and now he tells me its too big. well i cant unvite people. we will have about 50 people at the party. about 30 of them are family. is this to big for a 1 year old and 4 year old birthday?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

We always do small parties. I did big ones with my first two and regretted it. A lot of work! The smaller parties I did for my last two were much more pleasant.

sissy852
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM
well lets just say that you can always say that if we live in the philiphenes sp then the whole town would come. My brother and his wife are having a big birthday party for there soon to be 1yo, and he is paying 5000 dollars. He said he invited the whole town. My sil is philipeno. sp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM
The kid I nannied... when he turned one he had a HUGE party with 75+ guests, (and for the older kids obviously) 3 freaking bounce houses, jet ski rides and a pony. Also hired a DJ and paid some dude to dress up as Spider Man to climb the side of the house and surprise the kids. Unbelievable.

Id call that overkill :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM
If I could afford 3 bounces and pony rides I would get them.

Quoting Nolanzo:

The kid I nannied... when he turned one he had a HUGE party with 75+ guests, (and for the older kids obviously) 3 freaking bounce houses, jet ski rides and a pony. Also hired a DJ and paid some dude to dress up as Spider Man to climb the side of the house and surprise the kids. Unbelievable.

Id call that overkill :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalliry
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM
If you can pull it off why not? Our kids we usually just do family parties for their bdays and there are usually around 20 people..My stepdaughter is 8 so she has a party with her friends along with the family one. I say rock on its awesome you can do that for your children:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I dont consider that too big.
Shoot when my dd turned one I went all out with decorations,food,and party favors and only 7people showed up :(
Happy early birthday to your little one :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carole76
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I love a big party, and to keep cost down I recruit help from friends, ask them instead of a gift bring a dish to share. We usually buy 8 to 10 little Ceasers pizzas and a whole sheet cake and with both my 4 year old and 1 year old, worked out great. We had a princess/pirate party.
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
For 2 kids it's not too big!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM
We are doing zebra hello kitty theme. the food hasnt been real costly we are doing a pozole and pizza. I made the cake. its almost finished. the biggest expense was the pinatas.

Quoting carole76:

I love a big party, and to keep cost down I recruit help from friends, ask them instead of a gift bring a dish to share. We usually buy 8 to 10 little Ceasers pizzas and a whole sheet cake and with both my 4 year old and 1 year old, worked out great. We had a princess/pirate party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joaquinsmommy7
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I think its good if your doing it at home iam making one for my soon to be 4 year old and omg is it getting out of hand everyone says they wana go and are going but doubt most will show up lol wth happened to actual r.s.v.p.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)