Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What do i do?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
  • 10 Replies
I rock my baby (6.5 months) to sleep and lay her in her crib. As soon as i lay her down, she wakes up and pulls up on the side of the crib to a stand and screams and cries. I tried letting her cry it out for a few minutes then went to get her and she has closed eyes the whole time. I get her, rock her back to sleep and go to lay her back down, but here we go all over again. What should i do? Im tired and i want to go to bed, but she is doing this every night and its getting to where i got more sleep when she was newborn. How do i get her to lay in her crib and sleep when i lay her down? She has a full belly, she doesnt have a dirty diaper, and she is really sleepy. Help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM

If you're trying to let her cry it out a bit,why are you going back in and picking her up?Go in,soothe her by rubbing her back,ect. and then go back out.Repeat if needed.Going back in and picking her up after a few minutes is just reaffirming that you'll be back to pick her up and rock her.

pittymama
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM

are you wanting to "sleep train" her or is this during nap times too? i know some people don't believe in the sleep training business but i did it and my daughter has been sleeping through the night, in her crib, since 6 weeks.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-sleep-training-the-basics_1505715.bc?page=2 

there's a few good tips on the different ways to help teach a baby when/where to sleep. the few times i broke and picked melody up and rocked her to sleep (like 3 nights in a row) it took another week to get her to go back to sleep without me. 

pittymama
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:28 PM

this is how i did it and i only had to do it for a few nights. 

Quoting MrsApple:

If you're trying to let her cry it out a bit,why are you going back in and picking her up?Go in,soothe her by rubbing her back,ect. and then go back out.Repeat if needed.Going back in and picking her up after a few minutes is just reaffirming that you'll be back to pick her up and rock her.

kirstina
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM
try to pat her back and see if she will fall asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

It's what we did as well (our daughter was 9 months) and it only took a couple of nights,with less than 15 minutes of crying each night.

Quoting pittymama:

Quoting MrsApple:

pittymama
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM

i did it at 6 weeks and it wasn't exactly on purpose. i read about it and thought "hey i'll give it a shot" and it worked great. there wasn't really any "cry it out" period, just a little fussing for a few nights 

Quoting MrsApple:

It's what we did as well (our daughter was 9 months) and it only took a couple of nights,with less than 15 minutes of crying each night.

Quoting pittymama:

Quoting MrsApple:

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM
She cries for about 10 minutes and then starts screaming, so i go get her and rock her. I want her to sleep at night but i dont want her to make herself sick from crying. I dont want her to cry and scream and think "mommy isnt coming back" thats why i get her and rock her. And i cant rub her back until she falls asleep because she wont lay down. She is always standing and if i lay her back down she stands right back up

Quoting MrsApple:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:21 AM
I was just at the doctor yesterday and she gave me some tips on how to get my 3 month old to sleep. I was rocking her to sleep so I had the same exact issue as you. She would wake up and cry as soon as I put her down. So here's what the doctor said:

When your baby starts showing signs of sleepiness, put her in the crib sleepy but awake. I'm not sure if it applies to 6 month old babies, but the doctor also said to mark the time your baby gets up. At an hour 45 minutes, start trying to soothe her to sleep. Right now ours sleeps in a bassinet, so if she starts waking up, I rock her back to sleep.

Other than that, I have no suggestions. I wish you luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:47 AM
How many naps does she take? Good naps equals a better nights sleep. It's also a good age for seperation anxiety
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Her naps are different each day. Most of her naps are only 15-30 minutes though. I didnt even think about seperation anxiety by the way! That may be what is wrong then

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

How many naps does she take? Good naps equals a better nights sleep. It's also a good age for seperation anxiety

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN