Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

"timeout" for 14 month old?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • 5 Replies
My 14 month old twins are going through a phase where their favorite thing to do is fight. Over everything. They hit each other, scream at the top of their lungs, etc. Alyssa also is starting to throw temper tantrums. If she doesn't get her way, she smacks herself in the face repeatedly and screams. It seems the only thing that really calms her down quickly is putting her in her bed. I tell her it's a "timeout". I'm just afraid she's going to start associating her bed with punishment.... does anyone have any suggestions on how to curb the tantrums? Do 14 month Olds really understand a timeout? I don't spank (might when she's older and it's something serious but, that's another topic). What else can I do to distract her? I try to give her a you, etc and she just throws it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MIMIBRIE
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I have a play pen I use just for that purpose. She goes in till she calms down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tth328
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Instead of her bed, use a time out spot. I've been putting my son in time out since he was 15 months old. His timeout spot is the first step of our stairs. If we are out and about its in a corner somewhere away from people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LandonsMom1114
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM
My niece use to do that and we just moved her so she was by herself and let her throw a fit. Its just a phase and it will pass. Hopefully for you, quickly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen6807
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM
My pediatrician told us to start putting Ds in a playpen for timeout at his 15 month check up. I haven't got a playpen yet though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:50 AM
You are right. Get a timeout chair or a small timeout rug. Somewhere that is stricly where you sit when you were mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)