Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

co sleeping/bedsharing opinions....

Posted by   + Show Post

hello ladies.  i wanted to get your opinions on the above.  what was/is your reasoning for doing so?  

didnt/don't you find it difficult to get "your groove back" with your hubbies during this time?

those that do co sleep/bedshare, did/do you find that baby had/has difficult time transitioning to their crib/own space?

i'm really curious because I adamantly refused to do so for fear of the questions i posed but would love to get insight into other perspectives.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Replies (31-35):
Nolanzo
by Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I kept ds with us till about 6 eeeks in the bed bc he was bfing.. then moved him sidecar till about four months and then went in his own crib/room and never looked back :)

I like my space and privacy with dh. So we will not be co-sleeping/bedsharing with new babe beyond the initial newborn stage.

Its going to be a little different this time though... dh works 3rd shift so I will be home alone during the night feeding and pumping... and then out in the house feeding and pumping during the day till he wakes up at dinner. So peanut *might* end up with me a little longer than I normally would have since ill be alone at night anyway....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM

When I had my oldest DD, I was 16 and living at home. Her crib was in the living room. :( When she started climbing out of it, I had no choice but to put her in my bed. When she was 3 I got married, and we moved to a bigger place; still with my mom but with a bedroom for Lexie. That first night with her in her own bed was HORRIBLE. Nothing is worse than hours of "Mommy, I loooooove you. Pleeeeease let me sleep with youuuu!"

I decided then and there I wouldn't co-sleep/bedshare again. And I haven't. I keep their bassinet in my room for the first 3 months, but that's it.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 13 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 8 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 6 months old

hopeISeternal90
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM

All my babies have shared my bed. With my first, it was because I was 14 and doing my best to cut costs where I could, so no special bed for baby, and after that, having them away from me just felt wrong. My husband is fine with them sleeping with us. We don't find it difficult at all, I have a singleton and twins who are less than a year apart and an almost 2 month old daughter and I am pregnant again. None of my kids had a difficult time transitioning to their own beds, usually at around a year or 18 months. 

ninjakids
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I co slept with my youngest. Started when i read a booklet at 4 weeks old.for lelache saying that to help you rest you can breastfeed in bed then he just got used to.it.and wanted it all the time it was easier on both of us. Plus your senses are heightened supposedly your more prone to.getting if your baby stops breathing etc when they are next to you
alot of professionals do recommend it. Only thing you need to be prepared for is when you want to break co sleeping... Its alot of sleepless nights. Plus always make sure your baby is safe before doing it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nimil
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

that is the same thing i have! but i can't get my son to sleep in it lol it just sits there empty cause if i lay him in it he is instantly awake and crying... good thing it was from a friend cause those things are expensive! i hope someday we can get him to use it.

Quoting KeiraRose:

If we didn't have a co-sleeper crib the baby wouldn't be allowed to sleep in our bed because hubby and I would be afraid of rolling over on top of her. I breast feed so it makes it so much easier to have her right there with me. Plus hubby being a heavy sleeper will actually hear her cry and will get up with her if she doesn't need to eat so I can get some sleep. I recommend getting one it's really nice. As far as sex goes hubby works long hours so I can stay home with the baby so by the time he gets home we eat give the baby a bath and crash. Lol so sex isn't happening anyways for us. This is what our co-sleeper looks like (this isn't me lol it's just a picture I got on the internet)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)