Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toy ideas for Xmas?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hey everyone!! With Christmas around the corner, I've had a lot of relatives asking me what they should get for my son. He will be 16 months by Xmas and I'm not quite sure what to tell them to get nor do I know what I should even get him! What are some fun or educational toys that a 16 month old would like? There are so many different toys out there and being a 1st time mom, it can get pretty overwhelming trying to pick one lol! Please help me out ladies! I know you are all full of wonderful ideas :)
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirstina
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
mega blocks they are large legos. little people they great for pretend play and you the animals are great for teaching about each animal and it sound. most all toys are educational at this age. they learn by play.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I'm useless when it comes to boys. I have such a long girly wish list to buy for dd though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM
books are also always great. he will be a little young for potatoe heads but he be old enough for them soon. stuffed doll or animal that has a zipper, buttons and things like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM
the leapfrog programmable plush dog is one of my kids favorite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
trucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
balls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
bath toys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Building blocks, either Mega Blocks or Lego Duplo

Leap Frog items...there is a dog (boy version is named Scout) that you can hook up to the computer to put your own choice of songs on there...he will say the baby's name and favorites and you can change the preferences as the baby grows.

Pillow pet

Any kind of big toy that has a base and they can roll balls through it (like the elephant one that the balls pop out of its trunk)

Small toys that make noises (phones, mostly)

Child safe musical instruments...maracas, a drum (Leap Frog has one), a kazoo

Play tent with a crawl tube

Crayons and coloring books

Cars or trucks taht are age appropriate

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM

My son loves Scout (the leapfrog dog) he has had it since he was abour 3 months old.  DS will be 18 months Christmas Eve and we already have all his toys.  He is getting the Fisher price little people Zoo/jungle playset and some animals for it and a few other things.  I am contemplating buying him a leapfrog or v-tech laptop because he is fascinated by my laptop.  

Anything Leapfrog or v-tech is great.  Lots you can plug into your computer and program a few things about your child, like their name, favorite food and color. I love LeapFrog stuff!

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM

You can always take your child to the toy department and see what kinds of things he gravitates to.  We let DS run free for a few minutes in K-marts toy department today, he found the balls and he was turning on all the leapfrog and vtech things and then he found some toys that were too old for him.  I was following him around, but he got to explore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)