Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do you and your DH/SO keep your finances seperate?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so why? If not, why not?

credit card

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Replies (31-35):
jillianmayasmom
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
The bulk of our money is joint but, we each maintain separate accounts as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

nope. everything gets added together and paid. whatevers left over we share

sarahg86
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Nope I think sharing finances can ruin a marriage we each have things we are responsible for paying for and whatever we have left over is ours to do with as we see fit. I mean we have joint accounts that we equally contribue too and we decide what to do with that money but its worked out amazing to keep things apart. Don't listen to anyone else do what is right for you and your situation

Nolanzo
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Everything is together. My last marriage my ex insisted on keeping evrything completely separate but expected me to pull 50% of the financial weight even though he made 4x as much $ as me. So I was always broke and he went golfing evry.single.weekend. and shopped for new clothes, sneakers, etc. He was a selfish prick.

I decided I would never be in a segregated relationship again after my divorce. Money was a constant source of contention and resentment and I dint like the idea of 'owing' my own damn husband money. That's ridiculous. It ultimately broke us up.

Thank God DH is allll about us together in everything! When we first moved in he was unemployed and I made 100% of the bacon.... I would never dream of him 'owing me'. I'm now able to take my whole pregnancy off work because he found an excellent job and encouraged me to stay home, knowing that is what I wanted in my heart.

Partners work together and for each other :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Nope, everything is combined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)