Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I Feel Sad That My Baby Won't Latch On!!

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 16 Replies

shrugging

I Guess I'm Getting A Lil Frustrated That My Baby Boy Won't Latch On. He Latched On The First Couple Of Days But Now It Seem Like He Doesn't Wanted It At All.

Can Someone Tell Me what Helped You On Breast Feeding Your Baby?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you rockTHANK YOU LADY'S FOR YOUR ADVICE...IT'S BEEN ALOT HELPFULL... I STILL KEEP BOTTLE FEEDING BUT HE IS LATCHEN ON TO BOTH VERY WELL I GUESS WE JUST NEED SOME TIME...ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I STARTTED USING A BREAST PUMP...

I REALLY APRICIATE YOU ADVICE...THANK YOU AGAIN!!

love you signErika N. De Paz

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Was he given a bottle or other artifical nipple before he stopped latching? 

Do you have flat or inverted nipples?

Has he been checked for tougne/lip tie?

Generally when baby won't latch it has to do with one or more of those issues.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Duquesne
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this
If you're feeding him bottles, you need to stop that for the moment. He'll prefer the flow of bottles. A visit with a certified LC would be useful too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
en061910
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Yes I Have Been Giving Him Bottles And I'm Guess It's My Breast Too. Thanks For The Info Lady's :)

love you signErika N. De Paz

Haley947
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:13 PM

My little man has to supplement formula because I can't produce enough for him to get full but what i do is switch everytime like bottle then breast because we've been out and about and I figured it wouldn't hurt to just bottle feed him and i gave him 3 bottle feedings and when we got home I tried breastfeeding and he just wanted to scream and cry because he actaully has to work when sucking on my breast so I learned even though it's easier to mix up some formula and put the bottle in his mouth that it really hurts more then its worth it.Good luck and just give you and your baby time if you continue working with him they will latch soon! :)

Quoting en061910:

Yes I Have Been Giving Him Bottles And I'm Guess It's My Breast Too. Thanks For The Info Lady's :)

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM

are you engorged?

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM

And I agree, he won't starve himself, stop giving bottles and put him to the breast.

abra
by Abra on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I found a lactation consultant when i was having trouble and that helped a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I agree with stopping the bottles. Look for early signs of hunger. Like any rooting, chewing on hands, making any sound. I would even take a day or 2 and just nurse. Hang out topless and baby in just a diaper and anytime baby makes a sound try to latch on. The bottles are honestly making it worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Keep trying but don't get too frustrated because that won't help either. It is ok that it isn't an instant rainbows and unicorns experience. You aren't defective, baby isn't defective it just isn't the easiest thing in the world. Many many many many women and babies have the same issues. In my experience just giving up on the forcing breastfeeding helped both of us to relax and enjoy it. It isn't beneficial if you are making yourself of baby miserable for the sake of 'doing it right.' KWIM?

Diamondblue1
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Even if breastfeeding don't work you'll still have a special bond with your baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN