Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

question about mixed(black/white) dry hair an what to do

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

ok my baby is 5 months an he had craddel cap at age 3 months it went away now  the back of his head is real dry  an i was wondering what to put in it that wont damage his hair  any advise would be nice  thanks

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Nothing will damage his hair. His hair looks a normal fine baby texture. Breastmilk if you're nursing or baby oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Bump!

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Idk i always used lotion and when got older lusters pink lotion. But my kids barely had hair lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom328
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

If his scalp is dry you can rub a little coconut oil on it.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM

read the book curly girl

2timezthefun
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww he's cute he has hair like my son my kids are mixed as well. Have tried getting baby oil or baby oil a gel?? Just take a small amount after you wash his hair and rub the baby oil in while his hair is still wet. It keeps it moisturized and do it every couple of days.Its works for my son Eli. 

Soccersb110
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I use lusters pink lotion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM

dont use anything to heavy he's still growing and his hair doesnt need a lot of product in it

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM
If the baby's head is dry (not the hair) then you can put some vaseline on it and lightly brush it with a baby brush =) Also, your baby is adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeisQueen
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM

He is cute. I would put a tiny bit of baby oil to moisturize his head/hair and loosen the dry skin/dandruf right before bath time. While he is in the bath I would also wash his hair with a mild shampoo or baby wash. Aveeno always worked well on my babies and didn't dry thier hair/scalp. I would not put any oil or anything in it after washing it, at this time it would only clog his pores and cause more craddle cap. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)