Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

MOMS WITH TATTOOS! *Updated*

Posted by   + Show Post
I have 1 tattoo of a butterfly on my lower belly. I am wanting another tattoo (for my daughter). It is going to be the Aries zodiac symbol, but i dont know where to get it. Do tattoos on the shoulder blade hurt? My tattoo that i got didnt hurt, but it wasnt on bone. Any ideas on where all it would look good at? I am a thin person by the way, so i am a little boney in some places. Just throwing that in there! Lol

king.tattoora.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pes0022p1.jpg

That is the tattoo that i will be getting with Debbie Prysea underneath it. You will have to click on the website because im mobile and i dont know how to put pictures up here! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Replies (21-29):
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Where do you think would be a good spot?

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I have one on each of my shoulder blades. I think they were the least painful spots of all my tattoos. I also have ankles. "Tramp stamp" calf. I would want to see the one for my kid though so I wouldn't get my kids ones on my shoulder.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Idk. That's one of my dilemmas. I want it to look good in a spot that I can see. Plus idk what to get for the kids either.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Where do you think would be a good spot?

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

I have one on each of my shoulder blades. I think they were the least painful spots of all my tattoos. I also have ankles. "Tramp stamp" calf. I would want to see the one for my kid though so I wouldn't get my kids ones on my shoulder.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ishie26
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I have 11 tattoos, half sleeve cap sleeve a couple ankle tatts and a few various others... none of them really bothered me pain wise but the itching drove me NUTS!!

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Lol i dont even think mine itched. Cant quite remember though

Quoting Ishie26:

I have 11 tattoos, half sleeve cap sleeve a couple ankle tatts and a few various others... none of them really bothered me pain wise but the itching drove me NUTS!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM
This exactly! I have one on my wrist, one on my finger and one on my shoulder. It all depends on the artists technique, the gage of the needle, the size and complexity and your personal pain tolerance. As a general rule, places with thinner skin (fingers, neck, armpits, feet, etc), and over bones (spine) will hurt more. You'll also want to consider where your skin will stretch, sag, and move as you age. The least movable places are wrists, back of the neck and your shoulders. Generally on women, the midsection isn't a great idea since pregnancy can cause extreme stretching in that area.

Quoting chrystan:

The pain really depends on the person, the tattoo artist( heavy handed or light handed), and how big or small its. I don't have one on my shoulder but I have gotten boney areas tattooed (ankle, hip, chest, wrists, lower back, and back of the neck) the only on that hurt was my hip.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I already have 1 on my belly lol I got stretch marks through the edge of a wing of my butterfly. I was wanting to get 1 on my wrist later also.

Quoting abra:

This exactly! I have one on my wrist, one on my finger and one on my shoulder. It all depends on the artists technique, the gage of the needle, the size and complexity and your personal pain tolerance. As a general rule, places with thinner skin (fingers, neck, armpits, feet, etc), and over bones (spine) will hurt more. You'll also want to consider where your skin will stretch, sag, and move as you age. The least movable places are wrists, back of the neck and your shoulders. Generally on women, the midsection isn't a great idea since pregnancy can cause extreme stretching in that area.

Quoting chrystan:

The pain really depends on the person, the tattoo artist( heavy handed or light handed), and how big or small its. I don't have one on my shoulder but I have gotten boney areas tattooed (ankle, hip, chest, wrists, lower back, and back of the neck) the only on that hurt was my hip.

abra
by Abra on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM
aww

Quoting Nicki1995:

I already have 1 on my belly lol I got stretch marks through the edge of a wing of my butterfly. I was wanting to get 1 on my wrist later also.

Quoting abra:

Quoting chrystan:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I have a few. I have one on the back of my neck, which was unprofessional and apparently he scarred the heck out of my neck. I had went into a shop and wanted a cover up and there's only so much they can do for it. anyways, that one was more painful, but nothing I couldn't sit through it's entirety. I have two on my breast. One is on the upper portion of the breast and it was my very first tat. pain was bearable. nothing extreme. the other one is on the underside, more fatty part of the breast. VERY painful. I was wearing a t shirt and shorts that day and when I got off of the tattoo chair, the back side of me was all wet because I was tensed so much and I had sweat alot.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Oh wow. That sucks that they scarred your neck pretty bad. I had mine by a professional, but not in a tattoo shop. He REFUSED to do touch ups after he said that he would do them when we needed them. Wth?

Quoting alandou:

I have a few. I have one on the back of my neck, which was unprofessional and apparently he scarred the heck out of my neck. I had went into a shop and wanted a cover up and there's only so much they can do for it. anyways, that one was more painful, but nothing I couldn't sit through it's entirety. I have two on my breast. One is on the upper portion of the breast and it was my very first tat. pain was bearable. nothing extreme. the other one is on the underside, more fatty part of the breast. VERY painful. I was wearing a t shirt and shorts that day and when I got off of the tattoo chair, the back side of me was all wet because I was tensed so much and I had sweat alot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)