Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to suck at night....returned??

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM
  • 5 Replies
My lo will be 10 mo on the 15th. For a few nights now he can't sleep unless he has his bottle in his mouth and occasionally sucks on it. If I take it out after he's asleep he squirms around looking for it. I replaced the one with formula for one with water and he is still good. Pretty sure it's not hunger. Could it be from teething? Or just getting used to his teeth? Would it be bad to reintroduce the binky? (We lost at 7.5 months and he didn't really notice.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:00 AM
It could be teething. Is he sleeping well? Sucking is a natural reaction for comfort. Maybe he needs more comfort - something to sleep with, more reassurance, etc? It could also just simply be a habit he doesn't want to break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:03 AM

DD was the same way, except once she fell alseep hard she would let go of her ba-ba. I think a binky would be a good idea if he'd take it.

Warning: some moms on here may bash you for the water in bottle thing.

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:07 AM
He wakes up often because our room is so hot. I keep forgetting to call student housing to ask how to control the heater. He seems to be drooling more and a tooth recently popped through. We cosleep, but I've been moving him farther from me on the bed to try to wean him from it. (Might be hard with a newborn in February) I too wonder if it's a habit.

Quoting Turtledoves:

It could be teething. Is he sleeping well? Sucking is a natural reaction for comfort. Maybe he needs more comfort - something to sleep with, more reassurance, etc? It could also just simply be a habit he doesn't want to break.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:08 AM
He plays with the binky during the day. Not sure if he'd take it or not. Not sure if I want him to have it back either.
Yep, bashing is always expected. He let me take it out after a few min though.

Quoting SOCO101:

DD was the same way, except once she fell alseep hard she would let go of her ba-ba. I think a binky would be a good idea if he'd take it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SarineLewis:

He plays with the binky during the day. Not sure if he'd take it or not. Not sure if I want him to have it back either.
Yep, bashing is always expected. He let me take it out after a few min though.

Quoting SOCO101:

DD never did like a binky, but at times I wish she had just simply because she wanted to suck on her bottle all night long. My mom always told me to use water, but dd didn't like it so I was screwed either way I went, lol!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)