Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

tell me why.

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:30 AM
  • 37 Replies

so do you remember when you were a kid and watching animals feed their babies? the mothers lying there all content, nuturing, sustaining their baby's life. the cute grunting sounds coming from her offspring as they enjoy their meal? do you remember watching this amazing thing in nature, your wide eyes in amazment and sighing, saying "how cute"?

tell me why this is any diffrent for humans? shouldn't caring for your child the most natural whay, the baby cupping their  mother's breast, grunting as they eat ans looking up at their mother's eyes be as endering as lets say... a family pet and her litter?

now i may be a little extream on how i feel about some women and their choice for formula, but overall formula is a great thing. it does provide substinance and science is bringing more great things that baby needs to formula. now the motherswho have demanding jobs, those who can't produce enough, those with medical needs (baby's or mom's), and those who's babies needed extra calories, or those with shared custady with baby daddy have a way to keep their babies healthy. BUT  why does it in america provide more of an " awww..." moment to see a mother holding a bottle?

I don't want the whats better war everyone has their own opioins and many will not change thier minds anyways i just want to know why does it seem so... un natural to have a baby at the breast? why do some think it is gross, why do some go as far as to say that breastfeeding a son past 6 months- a year or 3 should be considerd abuse (now i know how long you should breast feed is a diffrent argument entirely)?

I just think that it is sad that the women who choose to do what we mammals do feel we have to defend ourselves.

your thoughts.

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Because breasts are for sex only, silly! Nourishing your child would be too mundane for this culture.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Humans have removed ourselves from "nature" and "natural" for so long that we have to teach ourselves how to do it again. We are so used to artificial, controlled environments and  arrangements that it has become second nature to us....to not be natural

.....Evolution at it's finest isn't it? hah!

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Yep!

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Humans have removed ourselves from "nature" and "natural" for so long that we have to teach ourselves how to do it again. We are so used to artificial, controlled environments and  arrangements that it has become second nature to us....to not be natural

.....Evolution at it's finest isn't it? hah!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Awe. So sweet.
tyrelsmom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Ewwwwww! Nobody wants to see that!

Definitely screwed up.
roody2shoes
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:44 AM

thanks guys. I am so glad that i am not the only one. lol

expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Breasts have been sexualized by our culture

lucaslexie
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Bc society sees breast for sex only. If they were only on the side of us mommies that sees the sweet little smiles, grunts, giggles, the closeness and just the way our babies look at us while nursing. Trust me they would change their minds!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roody2shoes
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

still interested in what you guys think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)