Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was the worst...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM
  • 42 Replies

...thing you ever had to do with you baby at the doctor's office?
I'll start...
She had to have an ultrasound at 3 days old, and they made me pin her down. Worst thing EVER because i'm holding down my NEWBORN as she's screaming and they're pushing on her with the ultrasound wand thing. :/

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM
We had an MRI at five days old. So hard to watch her go all strapped down in that big machine and wait forever. She slept the whole time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:02 AM

we had to stay in the hospital for a week after birth due to an infection I developed during labor which resulted in an emergency c-section. dd was in NICU and it was really difficult (I bawled like a baby!) for me to see her poked with needles in her hands, feet and head for the IV to administer antibiotics.

Duquesne
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:03 AM
My son has had three neurosurgeries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:34 AM
The regular shots and pokes and prodding was the worst with DS1. We don't do them anymore.
DS2 was only poked twice in his life- the Vit K and the genetic test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:20 AM
My son had a catheter put in when he was three days shy of turning 1. His cries were the worst I've ever heard. They then had to sedate him to get an CT scan done. Holding him and watching slip away was the worst feeling ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by Jen on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:53 AM

My middle ds had to have a spinal tap and the second worse was when they were tying his arms down to put all the IV's and monitors on him.  DS was only 1 month old.

SOCO101
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:56 AM

Shots, holding her down for those. 

MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:25 AM
With ds1.... he was in the nicu and i walked up behind the nurse as she was shoving a feeding tube up his nose. I almost punched her... and she got it wrong so she had to do it again!! Ds2 his 4 month shots were the worst. After the first one he turned purple and held his breath he was crying so hard :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1L2CMommy
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:30 AM
DD was hospitalized for 3 days at 10 days old because of a fever. They did all kinds of tests to find the source including a spinal tap. That was the worst. Turns out she was dehydrated from incorrect latching during breastfeeding. We switched to formula and all was saved, including my sanity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Just drawing blood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)