Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

After Hurricane Sandy

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:05 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hi
I am trying to get back to our routine before the storm. My baby is one year old, we never had him sleeping with us , during the hurricane we found ourselves with no power, a freezing house and a cold baby. The only way to keep him warm those 12 days was have him sleep with us.
Well power was back tonight and i can't get him to sleep by himself in his crib.
Any advice , what should i do? i really don't want my son to sleep with us.
Thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
you may have to start slow and have him nap in the crib to get used to being in there again. Maybe try letting him fall asleep with his blanket in your bed and then moving him and his warm blanket to his crib.
Lilindian
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest to do the same thing you did to get him to sleep alone in the first place. It will be hard on you and dad but you have to put him in his crib and if he cry's just let him cry it out,or maybe you could rub him down with that baby lavender lotion after his bath and rub his back till he fall's asleep. Good luck and I am happy to hear that the family is safe and sound and only power went out due to Sandy

alemom11
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Ladies thank you for the advice. I will post an update at the end of the week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM
This

Quoting Firenygirl180:

you may have to start slow and have him nap in the crib to get used to being in there again. Maybe try letting him fall asleep with his blanket in your bed and then moving him and his warm blanket to his crib.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Sidecar the crib to your bed and transition him again. Get him used to sleeping a bit farther away from you every few nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alemom11
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Update.
My little one is back in his crib.
We have him sleeping with us for two nights and decided to change the time he goes to bed from 730 to 830.
He's happy, sleeping 9hours straight all by himself.
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)