Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Month long headache :(

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

I've had a headache every day since dd was born. I wake up. Headache. Go to bed. Headache. When dd cries (more like screams bloody murder), or ds is running laps around the house pretending to be a teranodon, I just feel like dying. I've tried teas, caffeine, not even the prescription from the hospital have been able to tame it. I've kind of gotten used to it lately, but it's still concerning and definately an inconvienience. Doctor doesn't know what to think of it and just offered a shot if they get too bad. My blood pressure is totally normal, so it's not like that's an issue. Ugh.

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alandou
by April on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Headaches are no joke especially with all that stuff going on. I get migraines every now and then & nothing would tame them. I could take a whole bottle (seemed like it) of something and my headache was still there. I found something that does the trick every time. It's called "tension headache" pain relief at wal-mart for 88 cents! No joke!

BrittM1988
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM

You may have Anemia, I had a low Iron level and it caused the most severe headache you can imagine, I would have them check not other you HGB but also your iron

newbabystarr09
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

You may need to drink more water

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
babygomez
by April on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM

hugs

tyrelsmom
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Did you have an epidural or a spinal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Sounds like a really bad migraine. I get them every now and then. Sometimes they last for day, possibly a week, but never a month! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NeverABreak
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Iron levels are normal. Even my blood sugar ad normal :(

Quoting BrittM1988:

You may have Anemia, I had a low Iron level and it caused the most severe headache you can imagine, I would have them check not other you HGB but also your iron

NeverABreak
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You're probably right on this one! Even if it isn't the source of the headache, I'd definately benifit from it. Thanks for the reminder. I'm pretty bad about remembering to drink water. Between two kids, I'm constantly on the go and forget about drinkinh anything. :)

Quoting newbabystarr09:

You may need to drink more water

NeverABreak
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yes. It was a light epidural. Just enough to block out the pain but still be able to wiggle my feet and feel everything. My doctor did mention it could be a side effect, but said it would have more than likely worn off by now. =/

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Did you have an epidural or a spinal?

NeverABreak
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Thanks! I'll check that out and see if it works. I used to get migraines all  the time when I was little, but they went away with the onset of puberty. Weird huh? I hope they're not back.

Quoting alandou:

Headaches are no joke especially with all that stuff going on. I get migraines every now and then & nothing would tame them. I could take a whole bottle (seemed like it) of something and my headache was still there. I found something that does the trick every time. It's called "tension headache" pain relief at wal-mart for 88 cents! No joke!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)