Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Rewards

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 35 Replies

How do you reward you baby for good behavior?

baby in sling

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM
He's 4 months so we're not there yet! But with my 7 year old high fives do the trick! He just likes to be told he's doing a good job and then occasionally i'll take him on a fun day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gottaluvabug
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM
My daughter is almost 6 mths and when she does something good, like put the square toy in the square hole, we clap and cheer for her. She loves it when we clap so she keeps trying to do the toys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
She 7 months. I say "Yay! Good girl! You are doing so good!" and i give her hugs and kisses lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

She's 3 years old so I usually just make a big deal out of something and ask for a hug, a kiss & a high 5. Occasionally a candy treat but she really loves the enthusiasm from us.

babygomez
by April on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

With a lot of praise! :)

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

We usually clap for him but occasionally he gets a sucker.  He is almost 17 months and he loves doing new things and trying new things.  His favorite thing to do is throw stuff in the trash.

abra
by Abra on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM
For our kids, sometimes, but mostly we love on them and praise them a lot anyway and just have consequences for bad behavior. We'd rather they live in a world where rewards were extravagant, life was joyful and unhappiness short lived and resolved quickly. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Monica is 13 months and doesnt get rewards like the bigger kids (4 and 5). When she does something I ask I tell her good girl or something but well she is doesnt listen very often.

My 4 and 5 year old collect pennies in a cup when they get some many pennies they can buy things from me. It may be they get to pick whats for dinner. a trip to the park. Family game night, a piece of candy. stickers. We have a lot of different things.

blapier
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM

A LOT of praiseeee:)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
4kidz916
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:30 PM

When mine were little I would clap and tell them how good they were.  I would always make a very big deal out of their good behavior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)