Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help! My arms are gonna fall off!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 15 Replies

My baby is 5 weeks old today (YAY!!).
She refuses to be put down. We have 2 bouncers, a swing, and I don't have money to buy a sling. :/
I can barely get any housework done or even a 5 minute ME time! :/
I LOVE snuggling and loving her...but it's 24/7 holding her (!!). When I put her down, she's good for a few minutes (sometimes), and then screams like she's abandoned, and then when I pick her up she snuggles me tight.
It's hard...she won't sleep anywhere, but on me, I just don't know what to do...

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I honestly dont know of anything that you can do. Have you tried giving her tummy time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

sevenslings.com is having a promotion right now for free slings, you only pay shipping...you could look into that if you want to. you could also look at second hand stores.

it's normal for her age to want to be held constantly, my ds was like that at that age too. I pretty much just sat with him and held him all day and he didn't like being in a sling until he was about 3 months, if I needed to put him down I would move his bouncy seat to wherever I was so he could still see me, and I would talk to him to reassure him that I was right there.

BrittM1988
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I know seven slings has their free sling promotion going on you only pay for shipping I think the codeword was thanksgiving2012

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM
A Moby is really easy to make. You can google it but it should be cheap to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
My wrap was a life saver. And it's so much easier to go places like grocery shopping, shopping, ds's school. He still sleeps like a baby in it and he's 4 mos 3 weeks and 15.5 lbs. It's a moby. You can make one or my couson found hers on Craigslist for 5 bucks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

NeverABreak
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Hi I have a promotional coupon for a free baby sling. I got it when I signed up for savings at a maternity store, but I already have one. I think the shipping and handling cost was around $12. If you're interested message me and I'll send you the promo code. I'm not using it, so you're welcome to.

NeverABreak
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I forgot to mention it's at sevenslings.com

briebaby123
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Thank you all!!
I love snuggling her...and I know she's only little for a short time...but it gets difficult. :/

calvinsmommy18
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM

it also may pass, my dd was like that the first 6 or 7 weeks after she was born but after a while she loved being in the swing or bouncer or on a blanket on the floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN