Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Questiong about teething tablets?

mandy1017
baby girl :)
Sunday at 5:23 PM
Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

My mother just brought me some "baby orajel naturals, teething tablets" on the back it says not to use on kids under 2?? But it also says its all natural.... My son is 8 months old. it says to dissolve 2-3 tablets under tongue.. I was thinking of putting maybe 1 tablet in his bottle??

Has anyone ever used these on their kid that was under 2??

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
graycalico
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I have, three tablets even. He hasn't had any problems. They weren't orajel though
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atmsmom2011
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM
I use them with my dd and have since she got her 1st tooth at a yr bc gel didn't work I also have her 3 tablets but they won't work in bottle need to dissolve in mouth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM
I would not do that. Warnings and directions are there for a reason... There's plenty of natural things in this world that aren't good for you.
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM

did it, was recommended by my pediatrician, they say now the gel is no good for them...tablets worked GREAT.  You can actually dissolve them in some water and use a medicine dispenser (like the ones that come with baby tylenol) to give it to them.  Also a wet cold washcloth helps!

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I'm confused. Pretty sure my ds had all the teeth he was going to have. Until his 6 yr molars by 2. I mean I guess some kids get their teeth a little later but he was done "teething" by 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I use the hylands teething tablets when they start teething (usually between 6 and 9 months). Gels are useless!
shesliketx
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Quoting abra:

I use the hylands teething tablets when they start teething (usually between 6 and 9 months). Gels are useless!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I only use and trust hylands tablets
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)