Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your baby have a hernia? If so read this

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:21 AM
  • 12 Replies
My name is Bonnie I am a mother of 2 and my lil one, Prince Jr, is only 4 months old. Yesterday prince had surgery for a hernia and as a mother I was freaking out. I had all kinds of emotions if it wasn't for my husband I would have worried way more then I did. Everything went great he is home w us now and surprisingly he is the same happy go lucky baby. I will say if u live in the Houston area u def need to go to Texas children's for all your needs. They are so awesome!!! If any other moms are going thru the same thing w a hernia the surgery is real easy and usually takes less then a hr with same day release.
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

No, but here's a bump!

Glad all went well. :)

abra
by Abra on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM
What kind of hernia was it? My oldest had surgery when she was two to fix an umbilical hernia that developed after she was twelve months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMEMomma05
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM
My son had hernia/hydrocele surgery back in April. I was a nervous wreck. He bounced back so quick, I was amazed. He was 14 months at the time so he was very active. I was nervous about him busting his incision open. But he healed very well. I don't live in Texas, but we went to the childrens hospital (CHKD) here in Virginia. And they were amazing. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:07 PM

My friend's baby was born with an umbilical hernia and he still has it at about 3 and a half months because the doc said it is supposed to go away on its own..? Idk but he wont have surgery for it until he is 2 if its still there. Idk whats goin on with that..?? I dont really know about umbilical hernias or anything. Im glad everything went well though!!

Mrs.tezzy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM
He had a ingunal hernia not sure on the spelling. My doc said a lot of premie boys get them
abra
by Abra on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Yes, if they develop before baby is a year old, ir usually closes up on its own.

Quoting Nicki1995:

My friend's baby was born with an umbilical hernia and he still has it at about 3 and a half months because the doc said it is supposed to go away on its own..? Idk but he wont have surgery for it until he is 2 if its still there. Idk whats goin on with that..?? I dont really know about umbilical hernias or anything. Im glad everything went well though!!

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Glad he did well and is back at home.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM
My third son had an umbillical hernia, but it went away.

Glad he is well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexvitte
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM
My son was born with an umbilical hernia and he is 15 months now and it still hasn't closed so im asking his doctor about it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)