Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is your baby named after anyone?

Posted by   + Show Post
?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
ARPsMom
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM
DS 1 Alexander Raymond, Alexander after my nephew who passed away and Raymond after DFs grandpa. DS2 Liam Benjamen, Liam after my grandpa and Benjamen after my foster parents
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
loveabi
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM
DD has my sister and my aunts middle name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM
We always use a family name in there somewhere.

Caleb Joseph - (Joseph is both mine and my husbands foreland fathers names)

Brent Matthews - Brent is my husbands fathers middle name
Matthews is my grandmothers maiden name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseBud93
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Her first name was derived from my love of German things and a little girl I knew when I was little named Rainy. The little girl was my friend, we'd only been friends for a short while since their family had moved in like 4 months previous, but we hit it off. We were playing out in the feild where our parents couldnt find us near this little pond thing and a giant telphone pole [those huge  Iffle tower metal ones] .. well, she fell into a hole where I guess workers had previously been working on some broken wires. the wires were still broken and exposed. I was looking for rope to get her out when she freaked out and tried to climb up the wires... they didnt LOOK active, but they were and mixed with her being wet didnt help. she was shocked and went limp [but twitching a little and grunting] so I got her out on my own, brought her to the road where someone driving by stopped and watched her while I got her parents. She died that night. I told my mom she just moved because her parents moved out right after the loss to be with family.
So Reiny is in Rainy's memory.  the 'ei' is the german variation though. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

RoseBud93
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM

oh and her middle name, Eidolon, is from Magic the gathering. Most people think it's from Final fantasy though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Slayton723
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Hubby and I were watching the client list with jennifer love hewitt and he fell in love with the name rylie, and cassidi was after his childhood dog he lost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mymummum
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:01 PM

my little guys middle names are after people (james was from a friend of mine in high school that passed away) and john is my hubby's name :)

sissy852
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM
yes they are. Ds1 is after my dh. And ds2 who is due in january is named after my dad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM

My oldest son's middle name is the last name of the lead singer of A Perfect Circle

LuLuNaoma
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:04 PM

My daughter's name is Lumen Naoma. I first heard the name Lumen from the Showtime series Dexter and I loved it and, since my DH is a photographer, he liked the scientific aspect of the name (it is also a measurement of light). Her middle name is from my great aunt who passed when I was 5 months pregnant and whom I was very very close with. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN