Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

other words besides no

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM
  • 16 Replies

what other words do people use besides no? we use stop for stuff where he might get hurt and no is if we don't want him to do something. but i would like to hear what everyone else uses :)

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bambootrees
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:04 PM
We dont do that! Then lead him away from whatever crazy thing he is trying to do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mymummum
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM

that's a great one :)

Quoting Bambootrees:

We dont do that! Then lead him away from whatever crazy thing he is trying to do

alandou
by April on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM

please dont do that & please stop that. then redirect their attention elsewhere.

GagaNTattooS
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Knock it off but mine is older..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is 13 months old, and pretty much the only thing that she always does that she's not supposed to is that she gets really excited and hits. We say, "gentle touch", and then show her how to stroke our face or arm gently.

The other thing she tends to do is drop food off of her tray--when she does that, we just say, "We don't throw food." If she keeps doing it, we say, "All done!" and clean up the tray. She's starting to learn that throwing food = mealtime is over.

calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Don't touch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Also think about using positive words when doing something undesirable like "can you please touch nicely" when kiddo is hitting and "could you speak nicely" when they're trekking/whining
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

We use a firm "Ah Ah", and/or his first name. Also words that fit certain situations like "That's dangerous, we don't touch.", "Pulling hair hurts, touch it like this...", etc.. We do use the word 'no', just not in all situations. :)

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I say dangerous or naughty or not a toy

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:34 AM
My lo is only 10 mo. I'm in the process of teaching him "that's not yours" by talking him who it belongs to as I take it away and distract him.
Also taught him to shake his head. He has grasped no, but not yes. He's denying me kisses now. :( Every time I ask and try to give him one he shakes his head no and sometimes moves away. I wasn't expecting this til preteen at the earliest! Lol. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)