Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Cerebral palsy (piog)

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
Can anyone give me some info or advice on having a kid with cp? My 5 month old just started pt and dt. She is at about a 2-3 month for development because her muscle tone is so stiff her body won't allow it. A lot of the problems are pointing to cp. She is going to th doctor for a thorough exam tomorrow. Just looking for some info and support....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:50 AM
Pt and dt? No clue here so BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:07 AM

My 29 month old has hypotonic diparetic cp.  What type does your dd have?  Also does she have seizures?  Feel free to PM me since I know that a lot of your questions may be personal.

devastatedhurt
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My best friend has cp. He runs faster than anyone i know, he's great at football and is extremely strong. He's funny and dramatic and was very popular in high school. He graduated with honors and is in college. Just wanted to give you hope for a normal and happy future. He also had a beautiful gf now and about to be engaged. She will learn how to deal with it. He said his mom never treated him like he was different so he never thought he was. =) keep your head up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Physical therapy and developmental therapy

Quoting SarineLewis:

Pt and dt? No clue here so BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:31 AM
She hasn't been diagnosed just a lot of her body functions an etc are pointing toward cp. We are seeing the dr today

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

My 29 month old has hypotonic diparetic cp.  What type does your dd have?  Also does she have seizures?  Feel free to PM me since I know that a lot of your questions may be personal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

CP is notoriopusly difficult to dx at such a young age.  It took us nearly two years to get a finalized dx.

Quoting addiesmommy1109:

She hasn't been diagnosed just a lot of her body functions an etc are pointing toward cp. We are seeing the dr today

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Please excuse my typos. I baby wear at the computer and I have to type around a bobbing head.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Halloween tickers
angela.bouchard
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

bump

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)