Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Violence or not?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
So I really try hard to not watch anything with violence around DS. I am working on homework while he is playing. I decided to watch Aftershock witch is about the East coast fault line becoming active. So there is this part where a building blows up and bodies are flying through the air.

My question is if you would rate this as violent television or is it different since the people are not acting in a violent fashion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kaya529
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM
One more thing, not only does it not show people hurting each other but people helping one another.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I personally don't let our 3 year old daughter see anything violent in any fashion as much as possible. Even some cartoons are too mature for her age and I just don't feel that it is appropriate for her to see it. She knows about ghosts and monsters mainly because of Halloween and she's not too comfortable with it because she doesn't know its not real. What you are watching isn't necessarily violent but it is out of the norm if there's bodies and blood flying up in air. How old is your son?
Kaya529
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM

He is 1 but absolutely fearless. I have only seen him get scared once. I carried him into the room when my friend was watching the part in Beetlejuice where the hands came flying out of the plates. Other then that he just doesn't get scared. Doesn't jump either if someone pops out and screams or such things like that. When we went to meet the Ravens, Poe was outside getting pics with people. All the other kids cried but he was all giggles. He is just like me.

I have been more worried abouts the effects of violence on bringing out aggression and such.

Quoting alandou:

I personally don't let our 3 year old daughter see anything violent in any fashion as much as possible. Even some cartoons are too mature for her age and I just don't feel that it is appropriate for her to see it. She knows about ghosts and monsters mainly because of Halloween and she's not too comfortable with it because she doesn't know its not real. What you are watching isn't necessarily violent but it is out of the norm if there's bodies and blood flying up in air. How old is your son?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN